Eric McFadden Tribute

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Cindy Lang
Trash
Trash

Eric McFadden Tribute

Post by Cindy Lang » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:35 am

Eric McFadden recently made a peculiar acoustic tribute to Alice Cooper, in a very good way. I give it thumbs up and I believe 'Laughing At Me' and 'Former Lee Warmer' are my favourites amongst others gems.

If you haven't heard it then have listen here (or on Spotify):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O ... uzg6YbCEl4
"Suddenly I realize I saw it all through real eyes"

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Re: Eric McFadden Tribute

Post by Railwayman » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:23 am

Just listened to it. Thought it was a really interesting take on some top notch Alice material.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:25 am

I appreciate the track list, thats a man who knows his coop! Its really not for me tho, I dig his versions of former lee warmer and it's me but the rest is waaaaaaay too lounge room stuff.
So while i want to support it, i just cant justify buying an album where i will never listen to these versions over the originals.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:08 pm

I wasn't going to bother with this, since 'tribute' albums are usually dire. But I gave it a listen on Spotify and was astonished at just how good it is.

The song selections are wonderfully eclectic for starters. McFadden gives Hail To Hell a sort of overarching bare bones Americana feel. Crazy Little Child sounds like George Formby in Hawaii!! There's obviously been a lot of love and attention spent on the record; all the little instrumental tangents that it goes off on. Vocally, he tries on various guises, which adds to the interest. The Millie & Billie duet with Kate Vargas is excellent.

For me the only song that doesn't work is Desperado; too slavish a copy of the original. Overall though, this is stratospheres better than any other Cooper tribute album I've ever heard. It's not the usual auto-pilot, karaoke, 'rawk'. It sounds fresh, modern, original, and rather haunting. It certainly shows up The Hollywood Vampires covers album for the risible nonsense that it was.