Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 2022 hopes and dreams

Post by Si » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:44 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:22 pm
To be honest, I couldn't help but wonder what the possible ramifications to Alice's solo career, the Hollywood Vampires, etc. might have been if a full-fledged ACG reunion was to happen now or in the near future. The fact that 2023 will mark the 50th anniversary of the release of their biggest album (BDB) created in my view a fairly plausible reason for a complete reunion, but as solo activities for Alice next year have already been announced, that kind of puts a damper on a full-scale OG reformation, near-term.
Personally (and with no special insight or info) I don't think you will ever get the reunion you want to see.
What you *may* get at some point is an album based around the original band (but likely with guests as well), and a very short "tour" ie New York, LA, London, Detroit and a few other select big markets. Then if it goes well maybe a live album/video from those shows. Then Alice will be back solo again.

You will never get an original ACG doing the sort of schedule Alice's current band does. You have to remember Alice has been working an extremely heavy touring schedule for decades. He's used to it. With all due respect to Michael, Dennis and Neal, they haven't and aren't, and that sort of schedule is extremely tough if you aren't used to it, especially at the age they are now. I kinda did 10 days on a tour bus back in 2002 and it almost killed me then! It's not the gigs that are the problem, it's all the traveling involved which is a killer.

Fitting a short run of ACG shows into Alice's schedule isn't that hard. You could do the whole thing in a few weeks (including Alice being at the final rehearsals). So that isn't the problem, especially as they would likely know it was coming up to a year ahead of time.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:55 am

Si wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:44 pm
Personally (and with no special insight or info) I don't think you will ever get the reunion you want to see. What you *may* get at some point is an album based around the original band (but likely with guests as well), and a very short "tour" ie New York, LA, London, Detroit and a few other select big markets. Then if it goes well maybe a live album/video from those shows. Then Alice will be back solo again.

You will never get an original ACG doing the sort of schedule Alice's current band does. You have to remember Alice has been working an extremely heavy touring schedule for decades. He's used to it. With all due respect to Michael, Dennis and Neal, they haven't and aren't, and that sort of schedule is extremely tough if you aren't used to it, especially at the age they are now. I kinda did 10 days on a tour bus back in 2002 and it almost killed me then! It's not the gigs that are the problem, it's all the traveling involved which is a killer.

Fitting a short run of ACG shows into Alice's schedule isn't that hard. You could do the whole thing in a few weeks (including Alice being at the final rehearsals). So that isn't the problem, especially as they would likely know it was coming up to a year ahead of time.
Again, I agree with basically everything you've stated above. At least now we're starting to get a somewhat clearer idea about what to expect and what not to expect (or what is more or less likely to happen) going forward.

Ted

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:24 am

so we have something that shouldn't have been said (MB), but we do have Dennis on board : since he is unmistakenly a very important and engaged part of whatever the ACG is/has been, wouldn't it be logic that he would "know" if some of these hopes and dreams could ever be realised , at least partially ?
you really wouldn't understand..

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:14 pm

patrick wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:24 am
so we have something that shouldn't have been said (MB), but we do have Dennis on board : since he is unmistakenly a very important and engaged part of whatever the ACG is/has been, wouldn't it be logic that he would "know" if some of these hopes and dreams could ever be realised , at least partially ?
Of course he would. But he would likely be in the same situation as MB and anything that *could* be in the planning stages he probably wouldn't be at liberty to talk about yet.

The general rule seems to be not to start talking about things before they are absolutely, definitely going to happen, to avoid people being disappointed if it doesn't end up happening (for whatever reason). It's a sensible rule to have.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:14 pm
patrick wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:24 am
Of course he would. But he would likely be in the same situation as MB and anything that *could* be in the planning stages he probably wouldn't be at liberty to talk about yet.

The general rule seems to be not to start talking about things before they are absolutely, definitely going to happen, to avoid people being disappointed if it doesn't end up happening (for whatever reason). It's a sensible rule to have.
2023 anyone????
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:57 pm

various comments suggest that "The Road" album is, sadly, no longer seen as a current band only project, with other musicians appearing
that's disappointing. I know it is quite like alice to do this, but i would have liked one album as "a band" as we all know his live band do absolutely rip. (it is of course no reflection of the quality of the music they can write) I was excited to hear it, but equally i know i will enjoy whatever he puts out. Maybe that statement could include Kane who wasnt in the band at the time? It depends on context. Kip winger loves alice/kane so he would always be down to guest on it (but that could simple backing vocals)

Hears hoping it is early 2023 for release, whatever form it finally takes.