2022 hopes and dreams

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: 2022 hopes and dreams

Post by mestreech » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:34 am

After the absence of the LOVE IT and KILLER boxes I don't think it will ever happen. I'm still hoping.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 am

School’s Out is the only original group album I think I would buy again but it would need to be special. My big ask is for the road album.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:23 pm

SO would make a great re-release largely due to the opportunity to restore all of the original packaging. Hopefully it will still happen at some point and yes, as this year is the 50th anniversary of the original release...

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:39 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:23 pm
SO would make a great re-release largely due to the opportunity to restore all of the original packaging.
Ted
You do know this was done by Friday Music just a couple of months ago? New vinyl issue complete with desk and panties.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:18 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:39 pm
Ted Sallis wrote:
SO would make a great re-release largely due to the opportunity to restore all of the original packaging.
Ted
You do know this was done by Friday Music just a couple of months ago? New vinyl issue complete with desk and panties.
Yes; sorry, I should have clarified: I'm also hoping for additional audio content. A 5.1 mix has been suggested here; I'm still holding out for a live album plus at least 1 or 2 other bonus tracks to be included.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:59 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:18 pm
Si wrote:
Ted Sallis wrote:
Ted
Yes; sorry, I should have clarified: I'm also hoping for additional audio content. A 5.1 mix has been suggested here; I'm still holding out for a live album plus at least 1 or 2 other bonus tracks to be included.

Ted
I've always though the obvious thing to add is the ABC In Concert show. It exists in excellent quality but costs a silly amount for anyone to use the whole thing.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:06 pm

I always wonder how much money we are talking about?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 pm

mestreech wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:06 pm
I always wonder how much money we are talking about?
Years ago you could find the copyright owner/company's site online (could still be out there) and it had a cost but I can't remember what it was. I just remember it was crazy money - much more then would ever be made from the re-release.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:24 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:59 pm
Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:18 pm
Si wrote:

Ted
I've always though the obvious thing to add is the ABC In Concert show. It exists in excellent quality but costs a silly amount for anyone to use the whole thing.
It would be great if a DVD of the entire In Concert show with that level of quality could be included but unfortunately, as you state and is often the case, the cost of adding that footage (in full) is too much.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:27 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:24 pm

It would be great if a DVD of the entire In Concert show with that level of quality could be included but unfortunately, as you state and is often the case, the cost of adding that footage (in full) is too much.

Ted
To be clear, it isn't the FULL show (afaik), just what was originally aired.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:50 am

Si wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:27 pm
Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:24 pm

Ted
To be clear, it isn't the FULL show (afaik), just what was originally aired.
I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Ted

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:43 pm

I am hoping that the new album with the touring band comes out sometime this year and it is my hope that Bob Ezrin doesn't hold them back. Let them rip! I think every member of Alice's band brings something great to the table and I hope a new album with invoke all of that.

I liked how the setlist evolved some the last couple of tours and would like to see more of that. I know I will probably get slammed for this but I would like to see less emphasis on the 70's material for a tour and more of the 80's stuff (including the early 80's albums) and a few more of the newer songs thrown in.

A few years ago the tour played several shows in cities Alice has not played in a number of years or in a few cases had ever played. I would like to see that happen again.

I like having a strong opening band like when Frehley opened. It makes for more of a rock show and would like to see more of that here in the United States.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:39 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:43 pm
I like having a strong opening band like when Frehley opened. It makes for more of a rock show and would like to see more of that here in the United States.
My concert-going days are probably over, but I've loved not having opening bands for most of the shows I've seen over the past decade. I'm too old for that crap. ;)

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:43 pm

SickThings wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:39 pm
cooperrocks wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:43 pm
My concert-going days are probably over, but I've loved not having opening bands for most of the shows I've seen over the past decade. I'm too old for that crap. ;)
It ain't no scandal to shake your love handle. Put a wiggle in your wobble. You might lose your mind, but never forget... You're never too old to rock and roll.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:15 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:43 pm
SickThings wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:39 pm
It ain't no scandal to shake your love handle. Put a wiggle in your wobble. You might lose your mind, but never forget... You're never too old to rock and roll.
I agree! But I am too old to want to sit through opening bands that are nothing but noise to me!

I did really enjoy the Edgar Winter Group when they opened for Alice, who played ahead of Deep Purple a few years ago. That's pretty much the only opening act I've seen in the past decade that I enjoyed. Some of the rest were tolerable, but that's all. And yes, I do realize that that's largely on me.

As for my concert-going days, those are likely over thanks to COVID and the ever-increasing ticket prices and ludicrous fees that get tacked on. No Alice for me next week....

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:30 am

SickThings wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:15 pm
As for my concert-going days, those are likely over thanks to COVID and the ever-increasing ticket prices and ludicrous fees that get tacked on. No Alice for me next week....
Agreed!
I only re-purchesed tickets to see the Master because of his bringing the current tour so close to home.
I'm concerned about restrictions for attendance but, also afraid of a cancellation. I went to my Nephew's Gig at a club a few years back but, I'm Jaded - no bands (that I've been interested in - or bought product) have toured in my area.
AC is an exception! :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:52 pm

~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:56 pm

So you'd probably have to think the 2022 album will be The Road. But the other one... that has me intrigued.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:34 pm

Modern sounding albums. Hopefully the first one with the current band and the second one with Dennis, Michael, and Neal. Maybe bring Nina on that one as well.

Just no more retroactive stuff.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:01 am

New interview with Chuck on the upcoming album:

"[Cooper's longtime producer] Bob Ezrin and Alice approached us and said they wanted to do a band album, so we all started filing in songs and ideas from each member," Chuck said. "Bob also got some other outside members to write songs. We collectively got in a room like anything and started making it come to life. We have tracked everything for the most part and just doing some final touches. We are still a bit away from it being complete, but it's pretty cool."

Asked how many songs he contributed to, Chuck said: "I think there are two that I contributed on and there is co-writing on other guys' songs as well."
I have no issue with Alice using outside writers because that was a big reason his sound has changed so many times successfully, but it seems like it's contrary to the purpose of this specific album, and I can't help but feel that Ezrin overruled Alice here. Still, I'll remain optimistic that this will be a great record.