Alice Cooper "The Only Two People In The World Who Understand "Alice Cooper" The Character Are BOB EZRIN And Myself"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice Cooper "The Only Two People In The World Who Understand "Alice Cooper" The Character Are BOB EZRIN And Myself"

Post by del » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:25 am

Cold Room wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:34 pm
del wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:46 pm
Cold Room wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 pm
I swear, some of you are the best enablers I have seen. You are able to spin ANYTHING Alice utters into a positive statement, or at least whitewash it in his favor. In your eyes, he makes no mistakes and does no wrong. (I await the day Alice mumbles that his fans are all idiots....and you guys attempt your PR spin on that. LOL)
No whitewash here. Why shouldn’t someone praise a person who has contributed significantly to about half of his recorded material?

If you think someone else knows the character of Alice better then fine - who is it?

Think you are reading this with set opinion i.e. unless every reflection includes the full list of people in the correct order it’s a slight on the original group members.
DENNIS DUNAWAY....for starters. Why not ask him for his opinion on the other forum? :evil:
No offence but does he? Who makes that decision? The person who plays the character himself or someone on his behalf?

I’ve been around long enough to know the GB angle. I understand how it shapes opinions but can’t see how it’s relevant here.

I’m not one of those who always find positives out of negatives but I do look for a balance. I know Alice has always exaggerated and has his own recollections and spin on things, some of which can be plain wrong.

I also have nothing against Dennis or any of the group on indeed anyone else who has been part of Alice’s journey. I get that If it wasn’t for the group there would have been no Ezrin on the scene but that’s not the topic. I also get that Dennis’ journey with Alice is the longest and certainly still the closest from the group, but again, that’s not the topic. He hasn’t been in the studio as often with Alice and hasn’t been the one bringing the character out each time.

Everyone who was there at the time played a part in the developing character over the first 7 studio albums. Everyone who has been closely involved in the following 45+ years and 21 studio albums has also had a part in the changing character and whether anyone likes it or not, Bob Ezrin has been a massive influence.

Whether I personally like Ezrin or have different perspectives on the history of the band doesn’t matter because the only person in a place to judge is Alice himself. How can someone who wasn’t there throughout and who wasn’t trying to play the character himself know better?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper "The Only Two People In The World Who Understand "Alice Cooper" The Character Are BOB EZRIN And Myself"

Post by Si » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:35 am

Is it worth pointing out that the character created by the original band is far from the character currently played by Alice?
So Alice saying only he and Ezrin understand the Alice Cooper character NOW (the sardonic villain) is probably correct, as it is no longer the character the original band created, in the same way the music now isn't the same as the original characters soundtrack.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Si wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:35 am
Is it worth pointing out that the character created by the original band is far from the character currently played by Alice?
So Alice saying only he and Ezrin understand the Alice Cooper character NOW (the sardonic villain) is probably correct, as it is no longer the character the original band created, in the same way the music now isn't the same as the original characters soundtrack.
Agree with Si. And after all, the character was born all these years ago under the influence of the ACG and Ezrin (ao), and now we are 47 years later and the two persons who are still involved with and developped the Alice character further are Alice and Ezrin. So Alices remark is understandable if you look at the time line and certainly doesn't diminish anything from the early years, imo.
you really wouldn't understand..

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:55 pm

LOL. No use arguing, is there? I admit I am biased...some of you should make an attempt to view your own biases. It isn't easy, especially when you "never used drugs but only drank beer." :rotfl:
What you want and what you get are two different things

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:13 am

I must point out that Pitkin was not involved in this bloodbath. :D
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 am

Si wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:35 am
I don't think the character changed, I think he became a better performer. On the show on the "Good to see You again Alice Cooper" dvd and the "Welcome to My Nightmare" concert, he is just wearing a white jumpsuit and a red jumpsuit. Now he wears white pirate shirts and a coat and hats.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:49 am

Rock10 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 am
I don't think the character changed, I think he became a better performer. On the show on the "Good to see You again Alice Cooper" dvd and the "Welcome to My Nightmare" concert, he is just wearing a white jumpsuit and a red jumpsuit. Now he wears white pirate shirts and a coat and hats.
So wearing different costumes has made him a "better performer?"
That makes no sense.

Originally Alice was a victim. Now he's the villain. Even Alice has said numerous times that when he came back in 1986 it was a different Alice.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:49 pm

padre_sliprat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:13 am
I noticed that - nor Mr. Barlow from what I've seen.
He does pop in occasionally but not much anymore. :kitty:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:49 pm
padre_sliprat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:13 am
I noticed that - nor Mr. Barlow from what I've seen.
He does pop in occasionally but not much anymore. :kitty:
Come back, you two! There's blood to be shed.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm

It's just Alice being Alice. People take what he says in random interviews way (waaayyy) too seriously. It's just PR.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:30 am

Maaki wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm
It's just Alice being Alice. People take what he says in random interviews way (waaayyy) too seriously. It's just PR.
Agree, but it certainly sounds easily justifiable.

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:18 pm

Si wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:49 am
Rock10 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 am
So wearing different costumes has made him a "better performer?"
That makes no sense.

Originally Alice was a victim. Now he's the villain. Even Alice has said numerous times that when he came back in 1986 it was a different Alice.
Yes, he changes outfits more, and he performs better on stage. Alice lies as lot. He said rock never had a villain before. He meant the 1970s.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:28 pm

Rock10 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:14 pm
cooperrocks wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:13 pm
Rock10 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:07 pm
Lace and Whiskey and Dada were horrible albums.
Respectfully disagree. Lace and Whiskey has its moments and Dada is a masterpiece. One of my favorite Alice albums.
But he doesn't play any songs from those albums live. I don't even like "Goes to Hell."
He has played "It's Hot Tonight" before. When you have as many albums he has, there are several albums that don't regularly get played.