The Paul Stanley situation

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

The Paul Stanley situation

Post by Dannorama » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:47 pm

With Paul Stanley testing positive for COVID, my bet is that the Ace/Alice tour will be postponed. Let's hope it's just a postponement. School has just started here in the states, and kids are back in the buildings for the first time in over a year. The professionals are predicting an increase in the number of positive reactions in the next two weeks. Sick kids mean sick parents. In other words, things are likely to get worse before they get better. Having been down this path already, I see another lockdown coming.
Anyway, just preparing you. Now that I've said it, it won't happen, so you're welcome.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The Paul Stanley situation

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that keeping a tour on the road in this current environment is pretty much impossible. They can push forward and try, but if KISS who is touring with no opening band couldn't keep the tour covid free for even 5 shows, what chance does a tour with two bands / crews have?

Here's video of Paul spitting guitar picks into the crowd on this latest leg. Terribly irresponsible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5JeEmnUEFU&t=10s

If Alice and management push forward, should Alice / band throw stuff (picks, canes, etc) into the crowd?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Having had Covid himself I really think Alice should call off the tour. He's 73 and Sheryl is mid 60's. They could easily pick Up The variant.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:22 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm

Here's video of Paul spitting guitar picks into the crowd on this latest leg. Terribly irresponsible.

Brainless

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:35 pm

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:43 pm
I think it's pretty obvious that keeping a tour on the road in this current environment is pretty much impossible. They can push forward and try, but if KISS who is touring with no opening band couldn't keep the tour covid free for even 5 shows, what chance does a tour with two bands / crews have?

If Alice and management push forward, should Alice / band throw stuff (picks, canes, etc) into the crowd?
Good post, RemarkablyInsincere. I agree that it would be irresponsible to spit picks with current knowledge, but HERE is Love Gun from Toledo, the night before Paul's positive diagnosis. At about 2:16, they are at the same spot in the song that the first video showed. However, in Toledo, Paul flicked the picks out. I do not know when the first video was done. The original page only says "the age of COVID." He easily could have been not contagious when that video was made. Also, it may be an older video, shot before the pandemic brought the whole world to a stop. That being said, I can't find anything online to say that he changed that routine during "the age of COVID," so who knows? Was that even a routine? Or was it something he did on occasion? I don't know! I'm just trying to not allow myself to be so easily outraged by the internet. That seems to be the desired goal these days.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:35 pm
Good post, RemarkablyInsincere. I agree that it would be irresponsible to spit picks with current knowledge, but HERE is Love Gun from Toledo, the night before Paul's positive diagnosis. At about 2:16, they are at the same spot in the song that the first video showed. However, in Toledo, Paul flicked the picks out. I do not know when the first video was done. The original page only says "the age of COVID." He easily could have been not contagious when that video was made. Also, it may be an older video, shot before the pandemic brought the whole world to a stop. That being said, I can't find anything online to say that he changed that routine during "the age of COVID," so who knows? Was that even a routine? Or was it something he did on occasion? I don't know! I'm just trying to not allow myself to be so easily outraged by the internet. That seems to be the desired goal these days.
Over on KISSFAQ, even before his positive diagnosis they were discussing him spitting picks. The consensus seems to be that he might have forgotten at least once and regressed into his decades old behavior.

So I don't think it was necessarily Toledo where he was positive, but it's not something the should be done regardless of COVID status. It's just risky behavior.

And it does raise the question in general about whether it makes any sense to even throw stuff into the crowd under the current situation.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:39 pm

Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:19 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:35 pm
Over on KISSFAQ, even before his positive diagnosis they were discussing him spitting picks. The consensus seems to be that he might have forgotten at least once and regressed into his decades old behavior.

So I don't think it was necessarily Toledo where he was positive, but it's not something the should be done regardless of COVID status. It's just risky behavior.

And it does raise the question in general about whether it makes any sense to even throw stuff into the crowd under the current situation.
Agreed!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:33 pm

And now Gene has tested positive...

(not surprising that someone else on tour did, given closer quarters for working and traveling)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:27 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:33 pm
(not surprising that someone else on tour did, given closer quarters for working and traveling)
I just read about this. So now several more KISS shows have been postponed as a result. Apparently Paul had mild symptoms and a pretty quick recovery. Hopefully Gene will fare likewise.

Ted

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:58 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:27 am
NotSoPerfect wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:33 pm
I just read about this. So now several more KISS shows have been postponed as a result. Apparently Paul had mild symptoms and a pretty quick recovery. Hopefully Gene will fare likewise.

Ted
Oddly, they didn't seem like they were going to follow the "10 days after a positive test" rule with Paul, before starting back up. It's not just about when you feel better.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:43 pm

With no real oversight, you're starting to see bands essentially just doing what they want.

This was bound to happen the longer this went on. Money matters more than health.

Think about it, if the bands themselves can't even keep from getting infected, what hope is there for the thousands of fans that are crammed into the venues every show standing shoulder to shoulder.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:38 pm

In response to both NotSoPerfect and RemarkablyInsincere's comments above, by not following logical protocols re. both Band Members who have been infected and capacity limits/social distancing efforts at concert venues, it does give the appearance that profit is the priority.

Ted

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:24 am

Anyone for Alice's album signing? He really needs the $.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:39 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:38 pm
In response to both NotSoPerfect and RemarkablyInsincere's comments above, by not following logical protocols re. both Band Members who have been infected and capacity limits/social distancing efforts at concert venues, it does give the appearance that profit is the priority.

Ted
Kiss is all about the profits always have been, just look at the merchandise for sale from cornholes to coffee mugs, from dartboards to ping pong paddles, they'll put their name and image on anything for a $$$.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Gene appears to be fine now. So we'll see what happens going forward regarding the Tour.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gene- ... accinated/

Ted

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:33 pm

Still advertising for $$$$’s while sick…..he can’t help himself can he ffs.

Mark Wahlberg
Trash
Trash

Post by Mark Wahlberg » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:12 am

If these guys had any integrity (or any talent), it would have been known for decades.
These plexiglass meet and greets are far beyond ridiculous and laughable.
Let them fans spend their money, they don't know better anyway. :evil:

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:49 pm

Mark Wahlberg wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:12 am
If these guys had any integrity (or any talent), it would have been known for decades.
These plexiglass meet and greets are far beyond ridiculous and laughable.
Let them fans spend their money, they don't know better anyway. :evil:
For years now it's been the "Paul & Gene" show!
They use the name & collect the Benjamin's! $$$
Exciting & awesome stage show early in the band's career.
But,a lame rehash now.
At least AC keeps evolving (somewhat) with his presentation.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...