Alice & Stranger Things

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Berry
Trash
Trash

Alice & Stranger Things

Post by Berry » Mon May 10, 2021 8:16 pm

While the new season of Stranger Things will be released soon, I always thought that some of Alice's songs from the 80's would have been ideal for this TV Show.

Searching for connections, I have found this article of a band called Gentleman Afterdark and their song "Open the Door", which is on the soundtrack of Season 3 and is produced by Alice & Dick Wagner!!! It's first time that I hear this song and is something that I never knew :blues:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice & Stranger Things

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:38 am

Love the show but that song is awful.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue May 11, 2021 1:24 am

Berry wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:16 pm
While the new season of Stranger Things will be released soon, I always thought that some of Alice's songs from the 80's would have been ideal for this TV Show.

Searching for connections, I have found this article of a band called Gentleman Afterdark and their song "Open the Door", which is on the soundtrack of Season 3 and is produced by Alice & Dick Wagner!!! It's first time that I hear this song and is something that I never knew :blues:
If I'm correct Alice and dick never had any connection/produced with this band.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue May 11, 2021 2:26 am

This is the first I've heard of this. I could not find any mention in Wagner's book (if anyone can find one let me know). I'm guessing this was done after the Dada sessions as Shep dispatched Wagner to get Alice to go to Toronto to record the album. Alice was very reluctant to go. I'm guessing this happened when they returned to Phoenix. I'd love to know the recording date on this turd.

I agree with Pitkin---the song really sucks. I'm guessing Wagner and Alice were bored or wanting to learn some new studio equipment---or maybe they were drunk the night they heard the band.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:26 am

mestreech wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:24 am
Berry wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:16 pm

If I'm correct Alice and dick never had any connection/produced with this band.
Alice definitely produced them as I remember trying to pick up the single back in the early 80's. I'm not sure if Wagner was involved but for sure Alice.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:26 am

If my memory is correct there was something about the band and Alice in Amuks fanzine.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 am

Not sure why pics aren't allowed her but there is an eas y to find pic of them with Alice tied to a giant cactus out there. This would be 83 I think.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 am
Not sure why pics aren't allowed her but there is an easy to find pic of them with Alice tied to a giant cactus out there. This would be 83 I think.
Very easy
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/09-peopl ... erdark.php

And pics are allowed here within reason.
In the past they haven't been because it tended to slow pages down too much with people on slow connections. That isn't generally true any more and as long as I'm not hosting them it isn't so much of a problem allowing pics.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue May 11, 2021 1:11 pm

This is news to me, too. It's easy to believe where the song came from. It's also easy to imagine it being kindly provided to someone. Some old Alice stuff has started to pop up here and there. The other day, the Twitter page for "Nights with AC" put THIS awesome photo up. I had never seen this before, either. Pretty darn cool, if you ask me.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.