Spirits Rebellious album 1996/7

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Adam Bendelow
Trash
Trash

Spirits Rebellious album 1996/7

Post by Adam Bendelow » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but what's going on with that album at the minute? Will Alice dig into the archives and release it like Neil Young has done with his past archives? Was it even completed? I know that he probably won't release or revisit it anytime soon since he's already planned a new album, but it's always got me wondering if anything will happen to it, since the title track was on "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" I doubt anything will surface.
Sorry for any grammar or formatting mistakes I'm on mobile

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Re: Spirits Rebellious album 1996/7

Post by MacQueen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm not holding my breath for Alice to bring back anything from that era.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Adam Bendelow wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:42 pm
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but what's going on with that album at the minute? Will Alice dig into the archives and release it like Neil Young has done with his past archives? Was it even completed? I know that he probably won't release or revisit it anytime soon since he's already planned a new album, but it's always got me wondering if anything will happen to it, since the title track was on "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" I doubt anything will surface.
'Spirits Rebellious' was only ever a title. It isn't some great unreleased album, just a two word phrase.
He considered using it as the title for a couple of albums but in the end he used it as the title of a song on Eyes.
There is NO unreleased album called 'Spirits Rebellious'.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:02 pm

What about "Seven Deadly" whilst we are on the subject of albums that did not happen. I know Brutal Planet probably borrows from that idea as it follows the idea of sin. However I am sure Alice was talking about working with some Disney writer and all sorts. I wonder is there any unreleased takes from that project?...or is it all out there to hear in disguise on 1 album or another?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:13 pm

rgallie wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:02 pm
What about "Seven Deadly" whilst we are on the subject of albums that did not happen. I know Brutal Planet probably borrows from that idea as it follows the idea of sin. However I am sure Alice was talking about working with some Disney writer and all sorts. I wonder is there any unreleased takes from that project?...or is it all out there to hear in disguise on 1 album or another?
That DOES exist as do recordings made for it. According to someone who has heard them (can't remember who it was, not me) they are extremely good. The 'Disney Writer' was Alan Menkin.
All the info I have is at:
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/10-trivi ... deadly.php

Adam Bendelow
Trash
Trash

Post by Adam Bendelow » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:35 pm

Si wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:36 pm
Adam Bendelow wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:42 pm
'Spirits Rebellious' was only ever a title. It isn't some great unreleased album, just a two word phrase.
He considered using it as the title for a couple of albums but in the end he used it as the title of a song on Eyes.
There is NO unreleased album called 'Spirits Rebellious'.
Thank you.

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:40 pm

Spirits Rebellious is a great song.

Adam Bendelow
Trash
Trash

Post by Adam Bendelow » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:43 pm