Our Love Will Save The World Credits.

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Our Love Will Save The World Credits.

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:33 pm

From Another forum. Why is Alice Cooper and Bob Ezrin credited before Mathew Smith on the album? Smith wrote the song but the credits read Cooper, Ezrin, Smith. I understand Alice and Ezrin ( does he write lyrics ) probably changed some lyrics to make more $ but the song is Smiths.

Thank you.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Our Love Will Save The World Credits.

Post by Si » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:33 pm
From Another forum. Why is Alice Cooper and Bob Ezrin credited before Mathew Smith on the album? Smith wrote the song but the credits read Cooper, Ezrin, Smith. I understand Alice and Ezrin ( does he write lyrics ) probably changed some lyrics to make more $ but the song is Smiths.

Thank you.
Alphabetical?

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:41 am

Si wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 am
pitkin88 wrote:

Thank you.
Alphabetical?

I did wonder that and looked up credits on previous albums and they don't follow alphabetically.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:55 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:41 am
Si wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:10 am
pitkin88 wrote:

Thank you.
Alphabetical?

I did wonder that and looked up credits on previous albums and they don't follow alphabetically.
Was just a guess. I was surprised they had credits on it as well.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:05 am

They did change a lot of the lyrics, I had to look it up though. I find it interesting that they didn’t have any credits for “Rock n Roll” considering how much they re-arranged that, but of course that’s counted as musical arrangement.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:48 pm

Interesting point. Maybe it was a mutual agreement for Alice to to use the song that the credits would be written in that order. I'm sure Outrageous Cherry would have benefited financially in some way. I'd never heard of them before realising it was a cover of theirs, so have listened to their version a number of times where I wouldn't have.

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Zodiac Mindwarp write Feed My Frankenstein?

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:59 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:16 pm
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Zodiac Mindwarp write Feed My Frankenstein?
Yes they did and they also have a studio version of it although I believe the Alice version is considered the main version.

As for the credits on this album, my guess is also alphabetical. Are all the other song credits done alphabetical on Detroit Stories? I don't think it matters too much what was done on previous albums, they may have just decided to do that with this album so would be worth looking at the rest of the song credits.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:33 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:48 pm
Interesting point. Maybe it was a mutual agreement for Alice to to use the song that the credits would be written in that order. I'm sure Outrageous Cherry would have benefited financially in some way. I'd never heard of them before realising it was a cover of theirs, so have listened to their version a number of times where I wouldn't have.
They are getting a lot of hits on yt with " Alice Cooper brought me here ". Not sure if that equates to $ or not. Certainly they will make $ with it being on the album.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:01 pm

Just opened the booklet on the CD from the box set to try and answer my own question about alphabetical...

Credits: " Written by Matthew Smith, Alice Cooper, Bob Ezrin" so not sure where the other forum pulls it sources, I have the vinyl but am not checking that just now, perhaps that differs, would be unusual though if it does.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:15 pm

rgallie wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:01 pm
Just opened the booklet on the CD from the box set to try and answer my own question about alphabetical...

Credits: " Written by Matthew Smith, Alice Cooper, Bob Ezrin" so not sure where the other forum pulls it sources, I have the vinyl but am not checking that just now, perhaps that differs, would be unusual though if it does.
I have it listed C, E, S on my page, because I didn't take them directly from the album (I didn't have the cover) when I added it.
Originally I just had Smith listed, and then a couple of weeks before the album was released I found a page which had more of the credits listed, including C,E,S so I added their names. It also seemed neater to me to have them in a set format as Cooper, Ezrin are on most of the songs, and then have the extra writers afterwards.
I haven't compared the exact order things a written out on the album credits, so not sure if any others are in a different order. Not sure it exactly a matters unless the order *is* specifically meant to signify something.

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:22 pm

I doubt it does matter, certainly did not to me anyway. Was just pointing out that as per the OP of this thread... "From Another forum. Why is Alice Cooper and Bob Ezrin credited before Mathew Smith on the album?" , the post on said other forum is incorrect. Smith is officially credited first not Alice.

Not much of a deal but i just thought i would throw in my observation

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:49 am

rgallie wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:01 pm

I wonder if they had been looking here and saw Sis entry. Thanks for checking.