Touring band to feature on next album!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Somwhere In Auckland
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Touring band to feature on next album!

Post by Somwhere In Auckland » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:26 pm

I get the feeling for this to actually happen Bob Ezrin has to be well away from the project, hes too much of a dominant figure that gets what he wants. I can see alot of frustration between him his band with whats deemed good enough to produce and have on an album hes got his name on .

At the end of the day it will be done Ezrin's way not the bands way freely creating music they want. The best bet would be to have Tommy produce it, otherwise I see Ezrin having too much of a stranglehold and ruining it, or doing exactly what he said in the video "changing his mind in 12 minutes" and convincing Coop to try something else.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:57 am

I'm waiting for Road Rats 2021. Three different versions of it.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:06 am

Like it or not Ezrin is here to stay. I don't think he will muzzle any of the band members but of course will have the final say. Id prefer Alice to bomb with all new material rather than any more covers. Good luck to the touring band. Let them have their album and then a final album with the original band. For the original band let Roxie play along with Hunter and have Crayn have a go at some more solos. Genuinely his solo was the best solo on there.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:42 am

I’d also like to see Roxie and Crayn record an album with the original band. I wouldn’t have an issue with Hunter or even Nick Didkovsky for that matter being in the fold either. All of them have proven they can fill the void left by Glen.

texas or canada?
Trash
Trash

Post by texas or canada? » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 am

guttertrash wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:48 pm
Two that I can think of off the top of my head are Ted Nugent’s Intensities In Ten Cities, and Neil Young’s Rust Never Sleeps which was mostly recorded during live shows, but the audience was mostly edited out, and there are a couple studio tracks from other sessions.
Oh yeah... Rust Never Sleeps is an amazing sounding album, so it proves it can be done! Also, just remembered that lots of Frank Zappa's 70's LPs were recorded live or partially live with studio overdubs layered on top.
I guess getting a good enough vocal performance might be the tricky part, cause in a studio they'd usually stitch it together from dozens of takes.
a stumbling demented child-king

button
Trash
Trash

Post by button » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:36 pm

Has any other band in history done that?
Roxette recorded their 1992 album "Tourism" on the road. They used different venues all around the world. In fact the album has the subtitle "Songs from Studios, Stages, Hotelrooms & Other Strange Places".
An approach like this is probably more realistic than recording new songs at one concert.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:45 pm

I don't think they said in the original interview that it would be recorded "in concert" at all. I think they just said "on the road", ie hotel rooms and studios while touring.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:50 pm

Perhaps I'm misremembering, but I'm sure Alice said something along the lines of 'recording in the venues we're playing at', but I took that to mean at soundchecks or something. Can't help but feel that if the plan was to record during the live show, it'd have been phrased differently.

button
Trash
Trash

Post by button » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:56 pm

The formulation was "record the whole album live at one of the venues that we're doing."

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:01 pm

Alice said: "Write the songs now but rehearse them during soundcheck on the road and, at some point on the road, record the whole album live in one of the venues that we're doing" which is quite ambiguous!

Later he said: "I want to hear what an album's going to sound like with this band clicking on all cylinders on all new material. I want to see what we come up with" so hopefully that means no covers on this one.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:15 pm

Good for them if it happens. Was hoping for a horror-oriented new album, but with a title like Road, it will be something else.

button
Trash
Trash

Post by button » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:22 pm

It is problably quite vague because they just started thinking about this. At this point it seems more or less speculation what they are going to come up with in the end. But all in all I like the general approach. However, my opinion might change in twelve minutes.

ParanormalKiller
Trash
Trash

Post by ParanormalKiller » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:57 pm

I didn't interpret it as "We're going to record these songs in front of a crowd" - it seems like he's going to record them with the band, in the venue, not necessarily during a show.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:08 pm

Does anyone here remember the Mid 70's?
This is exactly the type of album I think is being bantered about.
https://www.allmusic.com/album/running- ... 0000193103
Put Jackson Browne on the map! Unfortunately, it was on 8-Track tape in my house.
Still plays on Classic Rock Stations.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm

Now that Alice is back on the road, Nita mentioned on Instagram yesterday that she was recording some guitar parts in her hotel room including “working on some stuff with Tommy for the upcoming Alice Cooper album”!

Of course, it might never see the light of day if Bob/Alice change their minds but it’s encouraging to hear that they’re working on it. :rock:

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Gilles27 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:40 am
I agree that the current band are excellent and I'd be interested to hear what they come up with. It could be terrible as they are such a diverse bunch, but it could also be brilliant.
One of the Zeppelin guys (JPJ?) once said that the reason they all sounded great together is because they came from four different directions and merged it all into their music. I am 100% into having the touring band record with AC in the studio. If it happens, I hope they get some of their own ideas recorded. I'd love to hear it all come together like that.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Tue May 17, 2022 12:26 pm

Nita posted on her IG story yesterday "Unexpected day off [from her solo tour] = time to record some solos for the new @alicecooper album"

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 pm

Based on the new material released over the past 22 years the new record will blow chunks...
If it wasn't for the ACG songs written in the 70's he'd have no one show up at his concerts.

Maaki
Killer
Killer

Post by Maaki » Wed May 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Parish wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 pm
Based on the new material released over the past 22 years the new record will blow chunks...
If it wasn't for the ACG songs written in the 70's he'd have no one show up at his concerts.
If it wasn't for Poison he'd have no one show up at his concerts. And that my friend unlike your statement, is a fact.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed May 18, 2022 8:17 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!