Touring band to feature on next album!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Touring band to feature on next album!

Post by Dannorama » Mon May 30, 2022 5:49 pm

I think we should all wait to hear the record before calling it a failure.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon May 30, 2022 7:48 pm

Hallelujah! can we please subscribe to this bit of common sense !

Public Animal #9
Trash
Trash

Post by Public Animal #9 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:00 am

Sure, some of the material from Paranormal and Detroit Stories the OG contributed have been good. Perhaps if Paranormal were a straight ACG record it would be better to listen to instead of feeling embarrased for even listening to parrts of it. The same for Detroit Stories, which was a missed opportunity because the covers aren't needed. Here's looking at you Detroit CIty '21....I hate you, I hate you with every fiber of my being...if I could force choke you for being such a crappy, unwanted, never to be loved song I would. The 2003 version is far superior version and you should never be made into existence. Same for you Hanging By A Thread.
I absolutely agree with this. I never post but usually lurk but this honest statement made me reply it is so blatently honest and true. I loved Alice since 1972 but after Brutal Planet he is just a shell of his former self on stage.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue May 31, 2022 2:19 pm

I love all eras of Alice. There are great songs in every era and in terms of how popular something is, that's the music business. Not many artists can stay on top forever because a lot of it came down to record label's pushing for radio. So many times casual fans and fans base quality on familarity. For instance if there was say an online poll where you pitted Eighteen, School's Out or Poison against say Freedom or even Might As Well Be on Mars (Which Alice has said he believes is his best written song). Any of those three hits would get 70 to 80 percent of the votes by the masses because they know the song not whether it is better or not.

I like the 70's material but I like everything that came from 1980 to the present even better. I love the original band but prefer solo Alice even more. Just my two cents.

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Tue May 31, 2022 3:25 pm

I wonder just how much the touring band will actually feature on the next album. Alice's constant flights of fancy mean that I take everything he says with a metaphorical large pinch of salt. You can be almost certain that if he states 'x' then it'll turn into 'y'. Look at the current UK tour where he told Planet Rock:

"Every night we’re going to be doing different songs, at least two or three different songs. If you see the show in Birmingham, the next night you’ll see two or three different songs in the show.”

And of course that's turned into a load of bollocks. So, if he can't keep promises which he made only a few weeks ago, there's even less chance that what he outlined last year will come to fruition.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue May 31, 2022 4:07 pm

concolz wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:25 pm
I wonder just how much the touring band will actually feature on the next album. Alice's constant flights of fancy mean that I take everything he says with a metaphorical large pinch of salt.
Generally I agree, but in this case there was the big announcement on Roxie's podcast with all the band, Alice and Bob Ezrin present, a working title ('The Road') and they even talked about how it would be recorded. To backtrack on that will be very disappointing, if it happens.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Tue May 31, 2022 4:22 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:49 pm
Not calling it a failure just wishing that the 'ol band would be included.
You can't expect todays musicians to have the road experience or moxie of the past no matter how much they read about it.
Depp is a perfect example...you can dress up like Keef all you want but you will never be him. Same goes for most of todays musicians...

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:23 pm

I am little saddened to see this much disappointment by an album none of us have heard even a tiny snippet. Does this happen elsewhere? Are readers already disappointed by new Stephen King book before reading one page of it? Are movie fans already disappointed by new Terrence Malick movie before even seeing trailer of it?

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:34 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:23 pm
I am little saddened to see this much disappointment by an album none of us have heard even a tiny snippet.
You have a valid point but after you've been burned repeatedly by an artist you rarely stay with them.

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:59 pm

Alice has a bad habit to present his briefly considered ideas as concrete plans. This causes much confusion among his fans. He said years ago that he will play Roses on White Lace on Wacken festival. Did not happen. He said he will play different songs at every gig on the UK tour this year. That did not happen either. I am much more convinced when his band members state something. Nita has said she will be on the next album and has posted pictures of her and Tommy Henriksen in recording activities. Recently she confirmed laying down guitar solos for new Alice Cooper album. Chuck Garrick reportedly wrote a couple songs for the album. How big is the touring band's role on the upcoming record is yet to be confirmed but it will most likely be more significant than in recent years at least.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:21 pm

Tommy used to play in a local band here on Long Island years ago. I'm very glad for all his well earned successes over the years but the odds of him or any of the current touring band writing something that I'll consider a Cooper classic is highly unlikely. I'd LOVE to be pleasantly surprised but I know I wont be...

In the immortal words of the legendary Johnny Vee...

"Life is a series of disappointments interrupted by brief periods of false hope..."

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:47 pm

If any of the new stuff sounds anything like the pile of shite that is
"Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" then I'll sue the entire band for impersonating songwriters...

I can just hear these road inspired classics now...
"The Quiet Room Service" and "AutoLuneyTune" :rotfl:

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:03 am

The son of Don Quijote wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:59 pm
How big is the touring band's role on the upcoming record is yet to be confirmed but it will most likely be more significant than in recent years at least.
It could hardly be less!!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:38 am

The one bad thing about this site is it’s so negative about nearly everything. There is barely a topic discussed where the “real fans” ie. ACG fans don’t bleat about the good old days and push the view that everything since MOL is a pale shadow of the period between 71 and 74.

- I have never loved every track on every ACG or Alice solo album. Killer and Schools Out are the only 5* albums from the ACG era for me. WTMN, has been the only 5* since then but I’ve got plenty of 4* s as well, including DA DA , TLT, BP and Paranormal. I’m not a fan of Detroit Stories at all but certainly understand people being reflective in later life/career. Time to move on though.

- I never saw the original band but caught the reunion part of the shows on the tour before last. It was great but for me it closed the book on a ACG reunion. I have never thought the band could have survived from 74 given the mess they were in and certainly not past Alice’s issues. Those gigs plus the recent old guy tracks didn’t change my mind.

- I am very keen to hear the road album and really hope something different comes out. I’ve enjoyed all the band members material to some degree so there is real potential there.

- The original Detroit City was the worst track on TEOAC album for me. I could have cared less about a new version but it was an upgrade to me.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:11 pm

The negativity for an album NO ONE HAS HEARD YET is beyond a joke.
Does alice love Hyperbole, yes, yes he does! if you have been fans for as long as some say then surely you know that by now? i do and i only got into Alice around 1994 when i was about 13 or 14.
Tommy, tommy, tommy (so good you must say it thrice) is a varied and interesting musician, i actually really dig his solo material which is a good blend of many styles. Great music often comes from the back and forth between different styles and personalities. If we get an album with his current touring band performing i will be very happy. If we also get some great songs written by the group then i am doubly happy.

A good song is a good song, who cares who wrote it? I know people want the OG band back but they are not beacons of brilliance either. The material they collectively wrote over the last 3 albums has its highs (hell comes home) but it also has its lows (drunk and in love is terrible)
Lets wait until the album is out, then give it a chance. While i didnt like detroit stories (largely for the same reasons others dislike it , covers and general lack of inspired writing) i loved Paranormal and adored W2MN so its not like modern stuff sucks, because it demonstrably doesn't.
Do we know when he is looking to put it out? i am seriously hoping 2022 considering it is apparently done and is just being mixed.
Lets all stop being negative and wait to hear the album before getting down on it.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:27 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:11 pm
The negativity for an album NO ONE HAS HEARD YET is beyond a joke.
Lets all stop being negative and wait to hear the album before getting down on it.
Nicely said brother/sister...my negativity isn't meant to pre judge anything its more of a unfortunately well worn - been there - done that reflex which sometimes leaves me looking like a _______ ( fill in the blank )

I want a full blown, fully supported, fully backed by management ( Yes Shep I'm looking at you ) release before another member of the original band that gave Vince his past and present lives passes and the chance is forever lost.

Those members aren't getting any younger so can we please stop swallowing the years with these projects that no one cares about except the inner circle of yes men and women who are more focused on keeping their jobs or "friend" status so they can have the precious access to whatever perks leeches get these days.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:58 pm

“I want a full blown, fully supported, fully backed by management ( Yes Shep I'm looking at you ) release before another member of the original band that gave Vince his past and present lives passes and the chance is forever lost.”

Ok, but after the promised current band album please. Far more interest for me.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:29 am

del wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:58 pm
“I want a full blown, fully supported, fully backed by management ( Yes Shep I'm looking at you ) release before another member of the original band that gave Vince his past and present lives passes and the chance is forever lost.”
Waiting, hoping, yearning & praying that this message gets through resoundingly!!!
:teach: :alice: :HEART: :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:39 am

“before another member of the original band that gave Vince his past and present lives passes and the chance is forever lost.”

Is this still the Alice owes everyone else view? Just don’t get that after 45+ years this view exists. Should everyone keep paying back after that time?

I have no problem with Alice, or anyone for that matter, working with whoever he chooses but I do have issues with it being positioned as paying a debt. Surely not.

nrc
Trash
Trash

Post by nrc » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:00 am

Si wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 4:07 pm
Generally I agree, but in this case there was the big announcement on Roxie's podcast with all the band, Alice and Bob Ezrin present, a working title ('The Road') and they even talked about how it would be recorded. To backtrack on that will be very disappointing, if it happens.
That's true. But right after Alice revealed the idea, Ezrin seemed to push back on it. I think Ezrin is very attached to being able to hand pick the players to suit what he wants out of a piece. Alice is going to have to really stand up for the idea if he wants to get it through.

Part of the idea was also that they were going to work the songs out on tour. Have we heard any new material on the tour?

Alice's best output has always been when he's really inspired by an theme or a writing partnership. I agree that recent ones haven't panned out as well as some in the past. I'm hoping that he really loves this band enough that it will work.