Touring band to feature on next album!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Touring band to feature on next album!

Post by Si » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:34 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:13 am
Man, i like the cult and their time on stage was agonizingly dull. such a shame, i was hoping for something good. At least creeper know how to perform!
I felt exactly the same and that seems to have been the general consensus from the AC fans I have heard from. It would have been better if Creeper had 45 minutes and the Cult had just stayed at home. Creeper were very entertaining in the measly 20-25minutes they had and were so obviously enjoying themselves. When they headline they are pretty theatrical themselves with a whole backstory thing going on so they were a good fit. I think they made a lot of friends doing the tour.

The Cult, however, seemed to be pissed off even being there, and just wanted it all to be over. I think the reason they were on stage for less time then Alice was simply that they decided not to do an encore (as was their right) and just play 'She Sells Sanctuary' as the closing number instead of going off and hoping to be called back (I'm assuming it's their normal encore song here).

Having said that I have seen some Cult fans post that they were "amazing as always" so maybe it's just different styles of performance and points of view. But at the end of the day I would happily see Creeper again, but would never bother seeing the Cult.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:37 pm

i disagree w/ three acts completely. absolutely pointless having someone on for 20 mins, IMO. especially annoying for an upcoming gig i'm going to, i want the 2nd band to have that extra time cos they're awesome and i don't know if i'll get a chance to see them headline in their own right.

never saw Creeper, saw the Cult in Manch, music was ok - nowt i would go an buy though - but the singer seemed to be a dick so i didn't bother going to watch them in Glasgow.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:22 pm

Does anyone think we’re actually going to get album 1 of 2 (Road TBC) this year?

I think an announcement will come in September, with the release in February again, or March. But at this point, who knows.

I’m really looking forward to both albums, but as with most AC releases, it’s always such a long wait once an initial announcement is made.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:45 am

My speculation is that Kane rejoining the band is going to delay the album so that they can get some songs with him on it. It's unlikely we'd ever have a way of knowing if it's delayed because it hasn't been given a release date yet, but that would make the most sense to me given that Kane has talked about writing songs and Alice has two albums in the works.

I agree with your point though - seems like it's not coming this year even though it seems ready.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:21 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:45 am
My speculation is that Kane rejoining the band is going to delay the album so that they can get some songs with him on it. It's unlikely we'd ever have a way of knowing if it's delayed because it hasn't been given a release date yet, but that would make the most sense to me given that Kane has talked about writing songs and Alice has two albums in the works.

I agree with your point though - seems like it's not coming this year even though it seems ready.
I am forced to agree. It's been a pretty dry year for us fans. Hopefully, Christmastime will bring something. I'm still on the lookout for the "School's Out" box - featuring a 5.1 mix of the album, guys - but that's looking unlikely.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:58 pm

It's unlikely that Kane will be on the new album, I think. It's already been recorded. Kyler posted on Facebook the other day that songs were recorded together in one room, with the whole touring band, at one time. Would be much harder to add him in to such a vibe.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:41 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:58 pm
It's unlikely that Kane will be on the new album, I think. It's already been recorded. Kyler posted on Facebook the other day that songs were recorded together in one room, with the whole touring band, at one time. Would be much harder to add him in to such a vibe.
Overdubbing for missing parts could be his addition.
SRV rolled in, heard the mix & laid down Leads on "Let's Dance" Lp.
I don't think they would cut tracks just to include Kane though.
Is Bob listening???
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...