Re: Live From the Astroturf

Post by killer wolf » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:52 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:54 pm
jacknifejohnny wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:16 pm
Mines not due till the 6th Lolol
That's what mine has said all along!
Finally, I got an e-mail today that says it's been shipped & will arrive tomorrow.
Not holding my breath, though. :8):
when i tried to cancel my "13th Oct" order i checked the item to see if it gave any different info cos it didn't have "awaiting stock" or anything on it ~ order said it would be due the 5th, so i figured WTH and went to cancel my first order but it then wouldn't let me. no idea what the Hell's been going on over there.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:32 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:52 pm
jacknifejohnny wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:16 pm
Mines not due till the 6th Lolol
Finally, I got an e-mail today that says it's been shipped & will arrive tomorrow.
when i tried to cancel my "13th Oct" order i checked the item to see if it gave any different info cos it didn't have "awaiting stock" or anything on it ~ order said it would be due the 5th, so i figured WTH and went to cancel my first order but it then wouldn't let me. no idea what the Hell's been going on over there.
Good news! Mine did arrive today. :clap:
However, for being a limited & numbered edition it say's on the back cover it was
74 467/17, 000?? No comma after 74 (it looks handwritten) - is that a code or have they produced more than originally expected? It does say "Made in Germany" & had a sticker that said "All Access" in German w/a 6. Any other SickThing's have strange #'s? Enjoying the Cd on repeat & will wait to view the BluRay. :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:18 am

killer wolf wrote:
Obviously I can't speak for Amazon, but normally you can't cancel something once it's been shipped? Just a thought.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:54 am

Si wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:18 am
killer wolf wrote:
Obviously I can't speak for Amazon, but normally you can't cancel something once it's been shipped? Just a thought.
at that point i didn't think it had been shipped because they said it wasn't due until 13 Oct ~ 8 Nov.
KW
/X\oo/X\

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:58 am

Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:32 pm
killer wolf wrote:

However, for being a limited & numbered edition it say's on the back cover it was
74 467/17, 000?? No comma after 74 (it looks handwritten) - is that a code or have they produced more than originally expected? It does say "Made in Germany" & had a sticker that said "All Access" in German w/a 6. Any other SickThing's have strange #'s? Enjoying the Cd on repeat & will wait to view the BluRay. :rock:
mine's in the 7900s, should be a number not a code - does look handwritten but i can't imagine them doing 74k of them!!
KW
/X\oo/X\

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:24 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:58 am
killer wolf wrote:

mine's in the 7900s, should be a number not a code - does look handwritten but i can't imagine them doing 74k of them!!
Yes, they are all handwritten believe it or not.

There are 17,000 of the CD / Blu-Ray so I suspect the ‘7’ is actually a ‘1’ (i.e. 14461).
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:05 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:24 pm
killer wolf wrote:

There are 17,000 of the CD / Blu-Ray so I suspect the ‘7’ is actually a ‘1’ (i.e. 14461).
One can hope but, only the low & very high numbers will be the ones of any real value.
Going to enjoy it anyway. I may not live to see any positive return on most of my collection.
(AC notwithstanding) Thanks

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:14 pm

bought the vinyl (curacao vinyl !) with the dvd a few hours ago..
On the back of the sleeve is mentioned 1520/5000.... and it is also made in Germany.
watched the dvd : had seen it on you tube before partially, but looking closely now : how concentrated Neal and Dennis were ! Enjoyed it very much, glad to have it !
you really wouldn't understand..

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:11 pm

Finally settled in to watch the BluRay & realized it was the exact date 7 years previous!
Excellent laid back performance. Almost like a rehearsal, except a huge crowd.
I've always said if the Band is having fun onstage I'm enjoying the show! :clap:
:rock:

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:25 am

I liked the performance. Neal always seems like he is angry.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:46 pm

Neal always seems like he is angry.
I think that's just a drummer thing! hahaha speaking as a drummer myself you either pull ridiculous faces (see lars) or you look like the drums have offended you personally. hahahaha personally i prefer to enact vengeance on the drums :laugh:

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:50 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:46 pm
I think that's just a drummer thing! hahaha speaking as a drummer myself you either pull ridiculous faces (see lars) or you look like the drums have offended you personally. hahahaha personally i prefer to enact vengeance on the drums :laugh:
I meant in the q + a, and I've heard him in interviews before.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:53 am

Rock10 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:46 pm
I meant in the q + a, and I've heard him in interviews before.
Neal certainly isn't the Shy retiring type :rock: and He may not suffer fools very well, but always nice/funny both times I met him and getting Website orders out. Maybe he just wasn't having a good day.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:26 am

Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:05 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:
killer wolf wrote:

But, just throwing this out... 74 represents when the band disbanded & the 467 is the actual copy #?
With it being at #1 now, the collectability does represents an investment.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:36 am

Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:26 am
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:05 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:

The 7 is a 1 because the final 7 does have a slash in the middle of the 467.
Get your copy now!
With it being at #1 now, the collectability does represents an investment.

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by livinluvin72 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:11 am

Got mine.
I ordered mine directly from the Astroturf site.
US Amazon didn't have it.

The CONS: When the vinyl album first came out, I bought it even though I had no record player. There was no CD or download option. However, I did manage to get the album professionally digitally transferred to CD and digital files.

Now the movie finally comes out 7 years later but there is no DVD only option and I didn't want to wait another bunch of years for that option, so I was forced to buy a package with yet another vinyl album to get the DVD, so now I have 2 vinyl albums I can't use.

PROS: Sounds like the audio was cleaned up in the studio as most live albums are. Great to see the guys playing together again with great audio and video, nice documentary. Chris Penn - Awesome! He didn't just wait for somebody else to do something, he actually did something to make his dream and many of our dreams come true! Thank You Chris Penn!

p.s. Desperado sounds great as an instrumental background soundtrack; just Dennis, Mike and Neal!

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:59 am

You weren't forced, you chose to.
KW
/X\oo/X\