Detroit Stories - What gets played live?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

trashed
Trash
Trash

Detroit Stories - What gets played live?

Post by trashed » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 am

39 now, and I'm still no less excited by an album release than I was in 1991.

I've had my first vinyl spin of Detroit Stories and while Wonderful World is the one I currently have on repeat it probably doesn't lend itself to his live show. So given the last few tours have no more than two new songs, what does he (realistically!) play when he next hits the road?

For me - Social Debris and Hail Mary feel the natural fit. Basing that on the style of songs chosen from the last few albums.

And for the record - if you have a better night than listening to a new Alice Cooper record in 2021 - one that features a frigging shoo doowop... You're on the wrong forum.

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Detroit Stories - What gets played live?

Post by Inmate » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Wonderful World is my favorite track too. :alice: I really hope more than one or two songs make it to the set, but I’m thinking Social Debris, Hail Mary, and Shut Up And Rock would be some good choices.
"I'm just another case…”

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 pm

I think the beauty of this album, like Dirty Diamonds and Eyes is most of the tracks are produced as live tracks and could quite easily be recreated on stage IMO. Where they would fit into a whole Alice Cooper show would be interesting. Maybe a Detroit section where he could play four or five tracks with a Detroit style back drop.

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Inmate » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:45 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25 pm
I think the beauty of this album, like Dirty Diamonds and Eyes is most of the tracks are produced as live tracks and could quite easily be recreated on stage IMO. Where they would fit into a whole Alice Cooper show would be interesting. Maybe a Detroit section where he could play four or five tracks with a Detroit style back drop.
That’s a really cool idea!
"I'm just another case…”

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:10 pm

Let's be realistic here. Maybe one or two tracks tops. These songs don't lend themselves to Nita either.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:17 am

Depending on when he actually gets to tour again and, if he doesn't do a Detroit Stories section, I reckon Social Debris and Hanging On By A thread would be the only two tracks getting into the set list.