I Hate You

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: I Hate You

Post by rgallie » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:12 pm

The spelling bit kinda ruins it for me, one of my less favoured songs on the album

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 am

I'm surprised more people don't love this song. I think it's magic. I just wish it were a bit longer.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:55 am

Definitely a highlight of the album for me (along with the sleeper hit no one seems to mention Wonderful world)
It feels like it could have had another round of insults from each member before the glen bit but its still very cool. Some of the insults made me chuckle I must admit, wonder how many arguments have been had over these points over the years hahaha

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:02 am

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 am
I'm surprised more people don't love this song. I think it's magic. I just wish it were a bit longer.
AGREE!
Love it
What you want and what you get are two different things

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:09 am

The inclusion of Glen's name in this, or any song, must be upsetting to a couple of members here. LOL

To Glen:
Dennis: "We hate you, we hate your sneer"
Alice: "The cigarettes, the smell of beer"
Neal: The mutton chops, the switchblade knife"
Mike: "Your unapologetic life"
All: "But most of all we're filled with rage at the empty space you left on stage..."
Alice: "What a Syd"

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 am

Im surprised at its inclusion as no one knows who the band are.

Live he could do it with his touring band. New lyrics.

With your dyed blonde hair and your awful noodling
Who the hell do you think youre fooling?

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:46 pm

It is one of the weak spots on the album. The end of it is definitely well meaning but definitely not in the top half of the songs on the album.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:54 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:46 pm
It is one of the weak spots on the album. The end of it is definitely well meaning but definitely not in the top half of the songs on the album.
pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:16 am
Im surprised at its inclusion as no one knows who the band are.
Yeah..... why waste a track talking about those OG guys. They are just some 70+ year old rockers (errr) who are trying to be part of an album that is attempting to relive their former days, and their old man stories, from Detroit. ('Detroit Stories'??? Isn't that the album title?). C'mon Alice, dump these old guys and get back with the kids...where is Johnny Depp? ::((:

Sarcasm refers to the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say, especially in order to insult someone, or to show irritation, or just to be funny. Understanding the subtlety of this usage requires second-order interpretation of the speaker's or writer's intentions; different parts of the brain must work together to understand sarcasm.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:28 pm

I'm confused. (What's new?) :smack:
Were those last posts sarcasm or not?
:bam:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm

My post was sarcasm yes. The Dels et al with no one knows who the band are etc now have to listen to a song about the band no one knows about. It's probably the bravest song on the album as three unknown singers sing about Alice and another unknown. Does anyone else see the irony?

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:11 pm

Sadly pitkin is correct...I remember going to see Alice in Glasgow a few years ago, the OG came on towards the end for the set they did. I was buzzing and turned to a stranger and said "this is amazing, never thought in my days id see the OG"...I got a look as if to say "Who?".

The curtain at the back of the stage caught fire...I then made the mistake of saying "That's Glen Buxton making his mark now"...Jeezo, swallow me up and never make idle banter from 1 fan to another again because the looks i was getting where as if to say "what and who are you talking about?"

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:39 pm

rgallie wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:11 pm
Sadly pitkin is correct...I remember going to see Alice in Glasgow a few years ago, the OG came on towards the end for the set they did. I was buzzing and turned to a stranger and said "this is amazing, never thought in my days id see the OG"...I got a look as if to say "Who?".

The curtain at the back of the stage caught fire...I then made the mistake of saying "That's Glen Buxton making his mark now"...Jeezo, swallow me up and never make idle banter from 1 fan to another again because the looks i was getting where as if to say "what and who are you talking about?"
Don't feel like that!!! Give yourself credit for not being a superficial reject from the Nirvana generation. ("I feel stupid and contagious. Here we are now, entertain us"). The more you know the better, let the others wallow in their pig sty of ignorance.
I'd ask your confused neighbor if he knew that his idol is 72 years old....and what is that matter with them paying to watch a man as old as the dad or grandfather? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:58 pm

For me, that song represents what was a band in the seventies, a real band... not a boss with his employees. A bunch of guys with talent, a love for music, but also a desire for success, money, girls, etc... They were a bunch of roosters, and sometimes roosters fights each others, just add drugs and alcohol to that, and it could be a disaster or... a good song.

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:01 am

Si wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:22 am
Gilles27 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:21 am
Si wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:23 pm
Lyrics page:
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/14-lyric ... tories.php
:)
Hi Si, I notice that at the end of the lyrics on the part about Glen it says:

All: "But most of all we're filled with rage at the empty space you left on stage..."
Alice: "What a Syd"

Do you think that's a reference to Syd Barret? When I heard it I assumed Alice says "What a Sid" as a reference to Sid Vicious. I thought it was interesting that we seem to have different interpretations. :)
Interesting question. When I did the lyrics it automatically seemed to me to be a Barrett reference, as Alice often mentions him when talking about the early years, but now I've seen the official lyrics on the album it is spelt "SID" on there. A question for Alice I guess.
Looks like we were both wrong! viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10031
Time is getting closer