Mixed reactions

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Mixed reactions

Post by While Heaven Wept » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Kind of off the point.... but i'd just like to add that I hate when people say "The N Word". Just say **** if that's what you mean. There's nothing offensive about a word if you're simply referring to it's use. It only becomes offensive when used to describe someone of a certain ethnicity and/or used in a context where you wish to demean or cause insult.

By saying "The N Word" you're simply making the reader of your post say the proper word in their head.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:09 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:Kind of off the point.... but i'd just like to add that I hate when people say "The N Word". Just say **** if that's what you mean. There's nothing offensive about a word if you're simply referring to it's use. It only becomes offensive when used to describe someone of a certain ethnicity and/or used in a context where you wish to demean or cause insult.

By saying "The N Word" you're simply making the reader of your post say the proper word in their head.
If you want to type it out, go ahead. But some of us don't want to, kind of like how some people don't want to say the "C" word or write it out on a forum message board. The "c" word is offensive to many people and may contravene board rules. Well some people's personal moral compass dictates they not say or write out the "n"word. Sorry if it bothers you but surely you're not offended, right? Perhaps a little more understanding is required.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 am

Reguarding the set list, As much as I would love to see of his unkown songs played live I really think it doesn't work. I went to three diferent Aerosmith shows here in Brazil. Mostly they played the same songs. The more obscure musics they played on each of those shows got very little response from the audience. On the last one they even cutted out their second encore due to very little responde from the public on many of the songs.
But, the real problem with going to the same songs is that you never find out if there are songs that get a good public feedback when played live. I mean, I understand the reason why I'll never see "dangerous tonight" live, althoug I love that one song and think it would be a killer on the stage. But when Alice played Hey Stoopid live he got so much of a good responce from the audience he kept that one on the set for the rest of the tour.
I don't think he needs to go to the "play that entire album" or "this one particular song" when touring, but there ARE some good songs that does wosk live and he can risk a little bit, maybe just two or three songs on the set. On the same facebook voting that the hits got asked for, songs like Love's a Loaded Gun got a really good score, and they never made the set anyways. I know, this has been one tour away and He's Back and House of Fire were both played, so maybe we can have some surprises this year or the next...
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 am

Toronto Bob wrote: If you want to type it out, go ahead. But some of us don't want to, kind of like how some people don't want to say the "C" word or write it out on a forum message board.
Both words do, of course, and both are banned from the forums so please be very careful where this goes. In fact even *** is not allowed on this board as it's just a cheap way of circumventing the rules, but I've let it go this once as it's hard for you to discuss this without using some way to express which words you are refering to.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Si wrote:
Toronto Bob wrote: If you want to type it out, go ahead. But some of us don't want to, kind of like how some people don't want to say the "C" word or write it out on a forum message board.
Both words do, of course, and both are banned from the forums so please be very careful where this goes. In fact even *** is not allowed on this board as it's just a cheap way of circumventing the rules, but I've let it go this once as it's hard for you to discuss this without using some way to express which words you are refering to.
In other words, if someone or some artist offends you by indecent acts or language, you may state that you want nothing to do with them or their product. But if quizzed for more detail a request for PM would be the correct response? :x
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:21 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote: In other words, if someone or some artist offends you by indecent acts or language, you may state that you want nothing to do with them or their product. But if quizzed for more detail a request for PM would be the correct response? :x
No, that isn't really what I'm saying I don`t think.

Generally if it's not Alice Cooper who has offended you then this isn`t the place for it anyway. If it's Alice Cooper then it certainly is, but I would prefer if wherever possible such terms were not used. Generally there is no need for bad language on this forum no matter how strongly you feel about something and I appriciate the fact that even the most opinionated people using the forums do try to stick within this rules.

This particular discussion is margnally AC releated in that AC is touring with Crue, and in the context of this thread it would have been very hard for anyone to discuss what Sixx said without refering to what was offensive, hence I've "bent" the rules regarding ***ing words under these circumstances and not deleted or edited the posts by anyone.

However the rules are there for a reason and all I ask is that just because I haven`t done anything in this specific case it doesn't change the fact that those words are not allowed here. This is a specific case where there hasn't been an alternative, not a removal of the general rule.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:08 am

Toronto Bob wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:Kind of off the point.... but i'd just like to add that I hate when people say "The N Word". Just say **** if that's what you mean. There's nothing offensive about a word if you're simply referring to it's use. It only becomes offensive when used to describe someone of a certain ethnicity and/or used in a context where you wish to demean or cause insult.

If you want to type it out, go ahead. But some of us don't want to, kind of like how some people don't want to say the "C" word or write it out on a forum message board. The "c" word is offensive to many people and may contravene board rules. Well some people's personal moral compass dictates they not say or write out the "n"word. Sorry if it bothers you but surely you're not offended, right? Perhaps a little more understanding is required.
No, ofcourse i'm not offended by the 'N' word and I see where you're coming from. I just always find it quite weird as simply by saying it, the reader instinctively will say it in their head.... which in an odd kind of way makes it even more of an offensive word. It's an odd one. It's like, everyone knows what the "c" word is, so when anyone says that, we all say the offending word in our head, therefore it hasn't achieved it's goal of not offending anyone! Hahaha.

Regarding Nikki Sixx, i don't really know the history of what happened but it sounds like he said some really hurtful things and has rightly apologised for it since. We've all done or said things we regret.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:14 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:
no, ofcourse i'm not offended by the 'N' word and I see where you're coming from. I just always find it quite weird as simply by saying it, the reader instinctively will say it in their head.... which in an odd kind of way makes it even more of an offensive word. It's an odd one. It's like, everyone knows what the "c" word is, so when anyone says that, we all say the offending word in our head, therefore it hasn't achieved it's goal of not offending anyone! Hahaha.
This is exactly why we don`t allow ***ing words either.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 am

Is it my idea or the one complaining about the setlist didn't give their views about the Metallica (and Aerosmith posted after) dilemma?

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:21 pm

And who is "the one"?

darkmenace
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by darkmenace » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Haven't read everything here carefully but don't assume everyone knows what the "c" word is. I'm sure I have heard the word and I have a good guess but I don't know it by that designation like the better known "n" word. Not asking to find out either.

Lucius Morthem
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Lucius Morthem » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Read the whole thread but can't remember every name hahaha

But someone was almost demanding Alice to add rarities or to do a rarities show and complaining about a Crue/Alice Tour with no "surprises" but only hits and saying "What would alice win with that" blah blah blah