Alice as a media darling

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Alice as a media darling

Post by Dannorama » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:27 pm

In times past, all somebody had to do was put "Alice" and "Cooper" in the headline, and their product would sell. I am convinced that if a TV show wanted to boost their ratings, they'd list Alice as a performer. I am mesmerized by the access of the media of those days. In fact, I became a member of the media with the side-hope of meeting Alice Cooper. (Didn't work, but dang what a career.) The topic here is media accessibility. I think that Alice was part of the leading edge to making modern media work for YOU.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice as a media darling

Post by Dannorama » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm

Yay! First response - 200 views in... I think Alice took a lot of cues from the Beatles - especially in their off-the cuff "Coming to America" videos. Kinda like, "If you make them laugh, they'll keep rolling." Think of all the lost footage of our heroes because they were boring. Videotape (or film!) was expensive. Why keep rolling on one-word answers? Alice made it "his" show.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:54 am

And here is response 2!

Being in the UK I didn’t see most of Alice in the media until years later on YouTube or the like. He certainly liked the attention and was able to play to the camera and spin a story or two. Leading edge ? Just don’t know but from what I saw locally I can’t remember anything really different from what was going on then.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm

del wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:54 am
And here is response 2!

Being in the UK I didn’t see most of Alice in the media until years later on YouTube or the like. He certainly liked the attention and was able to play to the camera and spin a story or two. Leading edge ? Just don’t know but from what I saw locally I can’t remember anything really different from what was going on then.
A lot of the things he did then were either live, or just seen once, maybe twice. Looking through YouTube brings these things back out, which kind of leads me to my theory. There isn't much stuff out there from other bands of the time - aside from the Beatles. Not sure if other bands generated as much interest. Alice was seen negatively by lots of people, thus the curiosity. I gotta believe that the constant exposure led to much more business.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 pm

Did Mr. Barlow sneak back in??? :rotfl:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:34 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 pm
Did Mr. Barlow sneak back in??? :rotfl:
No he’d have mentioned it being all part of Shep’s master plan and Dick Wagner .