~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Unleashed Spirits

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:52 pm

This is just me thinking outloud but a few observations. The Hollywood Vampires sort of have an interesting trajectory in my opinion. They have only put out two albums, one almost entirely covers and the other almost entirely original material. It is kind of interesting, the popularity they have considering the lack of material (not meant as a criticism at all)

Due to everyone in the band having other full-time jobs, they really haven't even toured all that much. Most years, when they have toured has only been for say around six weeks and a lot of it not in the United States. The Johnny Depp factor is real in terms of their popularity but I was thinking about this. Depp, as the preview mentioned came to LA wanting to be a rock star but instead of course became a massive movie star. It is interesting how he is such a big draw in music yet really didn't find his place in music until the Hollywood Vampires.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:35 pm

Awesome Trailer! With all of the History & Star Power, it's sure to be a Hit!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:13 pm

cooperrocks wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:52 pm
This is just me thinking outloud but a few observations. The Hollywood Vampires sort of have an interesting trajectory in my opinion. They have only put out two albums, one almost entirely covers and the other almost entirely original material. It is kind of interesting, the popularity they have considering the lack of material (not meant as a criticism at all)

Due to everyone in the band having other full-time jobs, they really haven't even toured all that much. Most years, when they have toured has only been for say around six weeks and a lot of it not in the United States. The Johnny Depp factor is real in terms of their popularity but I was thinking about this. Depp, as the preview mentioned came to LA wanting to be a rock star but instead of course became a massive movie star. It is interesting how he is such a big draw in music yet really didn't find his place in music until the Hollywood Vampires.
I think Alice and Joe Have their part in it also. They may not draw so much attention as Johnny in terms of a broad audience outside of rock and roll, but they have their presence in Music well stablished, and they kind of validade Depp as a musician. If he did adventure himself with a band of unknowns it probably would be very different.

Also, would he been able to play festivals and such as a headliner as a starting show? As famous as he is, I really doubt it. The conjoined forces of them all is what makes them as grand as they are, IMHO.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:33 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:13 pm
...If (Depp) did adventure himself with a band of unknowns it probably would be very different.

Also, would he been able to play festivals and such as a headliner as a starting show? As famous as he is, I really doubt it. The conjoined forces of them all is what makes them as grand as they are, IMHO.
A great example of this is Keanu Reeves' Dogstar.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 pm

KR didn't have the Wick star power when he was doing Dogstar gigs, AFAIR
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 pm

While I’ll be checking this out asap, I’m disappointed that there is no new concert film.
The Rio show is not at all representative of what this band is.

Perhaps they’ll include a bonus concert film if there’s a physical release…