Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: The Coop's best guitarist?.....

Post by evil syd » Wed May 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Gunner wrote:Fair enough evil syd :)
Gunner, I have to admit I met him about a month ago at Chiller Theatre, and he talked to me about how he works his sound effects. Very cool dude, really down to earth, and he opened my eyes more about the Coop hair metal days. I was never really a big fan of it.
DoCtOrS wAnT To ChEcK Me, PoKe Me, AnD DiSsEcT Me......

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Thu May 30, 2013 8:23 am

In the live in the flesh and the nightmare returns tours he formed a really nice couple together with Arthur Funaro.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu May 30, 2013 11:50 am

evil syd wrote:
Gunner wrote:Fair enough evil syd :)
Gunner, I have to admit I met him about a month ago at Chiller Theatre, and he talked to me about how he works his sound effects. Very cool dude, really down to earth, and he opened my eyes more about the Coop hair metal days. I was never really a big fan of it.
Oh yes, Kane's talented for sure. I just don't think he exactly 'broke new ground' in guitar playing.

PS I have met him twice - really obliging chap, the second time he had just returned from the gym as he arrived at the concert venue (quite late) and he STILL stopped and signed stuff etc. :rock:

Cindy Lang
Trash
Trash

Post by Cindy Lang » Thu May 30, 2013 8:09 pm

The best guitars was of course Mike Bruce that wrote and played all those great riffs we still like to listen to today. The most original was GB
"Suddenly I realize I saw it all through real eyes"

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Thu May 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Having just watched the studio filming of Dwight Fry, it only helps to confirm for me the Michael Bruce, Glen Buxton combination as being the original and best. They lead where others have followed...

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Fri May 31, 2013 10:59 am

Gunner wrote: PS I have met him twice - really obliging chap, the second time he had just returned from the gym as he arrived at the concert venue (quite late) and he STILL stopped and signed stuff etc. :rock:
Cooooool! So far, I have met Coop, Dunaway, Smith, Bruce, Wagner, and Roberts.
I have them all signed in the boxset (Life and Crimes), and a few other things.
They were all incredibly cool. :blues:

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 am

although I've said MB, GB, Steve & Dick are the standard to reach, I'm not having this criticism of Kane or Orianthi.

Kane did a great job for Alice was sensational live (saw him 11 times) and Raise Your Fist And Yell was a mini classic with Freedom the Elected of the 1980s and having studied his style there is a lot more to his playing than people might think.

Orianthi has given Alice the biggest shot in the arm he's had for years, he should make sure she is playing on his next album before she leaves to become a major star in her own right it is only a matter of time that her solo career takes off.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

evil syd
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by evil syd » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:21 pm

steven_crayn wrote:although I've said MB, GB, Steve & Dick are the standard to reach, I'm not having this criticism of Kane or Orianthi.

Kane did a great job for Alice was sensational live (saw him 11 times) and Raise Your Fist And Yell was a mini classic with Freedom the Elected of the 1980s and having studied his style there is a lot more to his playing than people might think.

Orianthi has given Alice the biggest shot in the arm he's had for years, he should make sure she is playing on his next album before she leaves to become a major star in her own right it is only a matter of time that her solo career takes off.
nicely said! :alice:
I think the Damon and Ryan combo is the most underrated. Their guitar work was completely intense! :rock: