Cooperstown

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Cooperstown

Post by tuneylune » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Have any of you ever been here? Looked on the site - it seems like a fun place with decent chow and it got quite a lot of good reviews. Was there one in Cleveland OH? I thought there was, but could not find any mention when I was there with my wife four years ago on a lighthouse/Rock and Roll Hall of Fame road trip.
All this talk has me thinking about devouring a Big Unit! :grin: :grin:
"I need everything the world owes me..."

cherrypie
Spacebrain Vagabond
Spacebrain Vagabond

Re: Cooperstown

Post by cherrypie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Never been there myself, but I will go one day. I think the one in Cleveland closed down.
I hate Opera, I hate Oprah
http://www.fountainlife.blogspot.com

Diane D.
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Diane D. » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Yes, the one in Cleveland had closed down, and I never been in Arizona. I would like to go visit the State and stop at Cooperstown.
[

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Fun place! Can't wait to go again in December. Maybe this time I'll actually get a Big Unit....always mean to. Hey, Sparky...you up for sharing one?

I can tell you the Tuna Casserole is great!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

old school vet
Killer
Killer

Post by old school vet » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

I have been to Cooperstown in Arizona, and yes it is a great place with a good atmosphere, all the staff are friendly and the food is great. I was lucky enough to meet Dennis Dunaway, which made my trip from the South of England even more special. It was all part of my "Pilgrimage" to see the 2010 Pudding show with the ACG re-union. I met with some great people & fans - A very special time indeed.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:41 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:Fun place! Can't wait to go again in December. Maybe this time I'll actually get a Big Unit....always mean to. Hey, Sparky...you up for sharing one?

We probably should - we always SAY that we're gonna!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:56 am

Been three times as I pass by to go to LA. It is a good place, decent food at good prices. The lay is pretty much like a Hard Rock, but with all Alice memorbilia on display. They also have a lot better swag then what is displayed online.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 am

been there a couple times and the Big Units w/ crispy fries are lush :-9

over in LV in Oct so i'm dithering about a run down again, fancy trying one of the turkey 1/2lb burgers :-)

i posted scans of the menus a while ago, if you're interested.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:47 am

My only "gripe" is that there is (at least when I'm there) very little Alice on the video screens - it always just sports. Before people leap all over me for saying that, I know it's a sports and rock place but I always think that when an Alice event is taking place in the vicinity - like the Pudding, which is what I go over for - it would be nice to have some Alice concert footage on at least one of the screens as the place naturally gets busy with Coop fans on the Pudding weekend. Last year they did show the "Live in Montreux" DVD on one of the screens and I thought it went down very well with the various fans from different states (and countries) chilling out together and watching a show., so would like to see them do that again with perhaps the ToD or last year's Halloween show - or Bonaroo!

Re: merchandise, I recall one visit a few years ago where they had hardly anything which I remember thinking was very odd considering again, that it was Pudding weekend and so a decent influx of fans bearing money could be expected! Credit where it's due though, it's been better the past couple of years.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I won't let anyone jump on ya for saying there isn't enough alice on the screen! My complaint when I used to go to the cleveland one is that they never played alice music! I told them if I were the manager,I was pretty sure I would play his discography on a non stop loop! and look what happened....they closed. Was still a fun place though-I was sorry to see it go.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:47 pm

I aways wanted to go there! The only reason I never did is that he didn't play in phoenix or any nearby city (except for the xmas pudding) on the last couple of years. I thought since I'm going a long way (Brazil) to see the place, I might wait to catch a show also. So, when I was waiting for a show to finally make my trip, the Monster Mania reunion thing happened, and meeting Alice, Neal, Mike and Dennis seemed a better thing to do. But I still want to go there.

For those who already know the place, is it (plus an Alice Cooper show) worth the trip from Brazil?
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Marcelocooper wrote:For those who already know the place, is it (plus an Alice Cooper show) worth the trip from Brazil?
That's a tough question. I suppose ultimately it comes down to how much you want to go there. I go over annually for the Pudding and of course it's a pretty long way from the UK but as well as the show I have some good friends that also attend the show each year and it's an opportunity to get to hang out with them, too.

IMO the food is decent - of course it's not fine dining but I've never not liked anything I've ordered and the staff are all friendly. There are various items of Cooper memorabilia around the walls (gold/silver discs, a few stage props and a bunch of posters - though to be honest you'll probably have seen the posters before), as well as the "Fender Wall of Fame" and some sports memorabilia, too.

I wouldn't make the trip JUST to see the restaurant but if you can tie it in with a show or two (I feel that both Los Angeles and Las Vegas are reachable from Phoenix) then I'd say go for it.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->