Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice Cooper Old School Boxset

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:39 pm

> I have been told I'm 'wrong', it's 'not confusing', it's not unclear,

You're not doing yourself any favours by deliberately misrepresenting what this is about. You neglect to mention that you also said the handling of this was "abysmal" which I maintain was an exagerration, especially as you made the comment without allowing for this to be rectified.
That's not fair. Before you pass judgement on others, at least have the decency to look into the problem.

> (anachronistically) 'needs clarification' by someone who claims to be able to 'take criticism' but simply can't give an inch.

Why should I? I have a solid foundation for everything I wrote. Why would I concede anything?

>It's clear that this person has a huge need to puff-out his chest and exert his superiority over

I wondered how long it would take for you to divert attention away from the issue by making personal attacks. You can carry on if you like, but you not only divert attention from your view - point, you weaken it even further. You wouldn't be the first person here to try and get some sympathy by pretending to be a martyr. That's disappointing.
but not surprising.

>Contrary to the hypocritical and condescending presumptions of this individual, I've worked extensively in the music business

So why make the assumptions you made then? You should know better. Wouldn't your past "experiences" have given you a little insight that indeed mistakes happen and that instead of crucifying people for any errors, you at least give them the chance to remedy them? What extraordinary audacity. That's shameful.

>I have however, never spoken to anyone involved with AC or any other artist who harboured such a snot-nosed, confrontational, unprofessional, attitude towards fans.

You should widen your circle of acquaintences then.

>sobbing self-pitying nonsense in order to get the few bits of info you can provide. Personally, I'd rather not endure you or your laughable, bullheaded stupidity any longer.

What a coward.

>Your work for Alice may be stellar,

Who said that? I didn't. You don't know anything about my "work".

>but I suspect if he saw this thread and a few others your aggressive, overly defensive manner would be an embarrassment to him.

I'll print out your post and make sure he sees it.

>Take care.

Thanks. You too.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm

>I'm not a professional who worked on the product in question,

Neither is James1981 but I didn't see any unfair and unenecessary criticism from him though.

>If I take it upon myself to represent a product I worked on, some level of civility would be nice.

Show some self - respect and stop being a martyr. You were shown the same amount of "civility" that you generated.

>The misleading mp3 promotion was annoying.

I agree, BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU ORIGINALLY SAID! There's no point in trying to paint over your original comments.

> A_Michael's continuous and aggressive denial and refusal to accept the mere point that things had been handled in a 'confusing' way was what angered me.

What about the word "abysmal"? What about the comment about "a third party", as well, which merely clouded the issue? Was that all necessary? Wouldn't saying the situation was "annoying" have been enough?

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:29 pm

My god, can this please stop although I find it still amusing.
It's getting very silly and shamefull for ALL parties.

Andy I "know" you a long time and I even been to your house with a friend of mine. I remember you and your wife(girlfriend) had given us great hospitality and we had a great time.

But now I don't recognize you anymore.
Maybe you forgot your own "old" days as a fan but you were the same as the normal fans were. Full of questions and expectations and sometimes wrong conclusions at the projects Alice was involved in.

Now you work or how do I call it for Alice and you can't have any critism at all.
I'm not gonna discuss the dvdcontent with you again as this is still not available so I can't know for 100% but you must admitt that the whole Jagermeister download is poorly handled. I know (and hope) it will corrected but there's nothing wrong to admitt that.

I can understand it must be sometimes frustrating to read some silly questions or silly comments as you are an insider knows almost the whole story.
But why react so strong. It's just a new Alice Cooper project and not World war 3.

I think the official press reviews are gonna be great but there maybe also be some reviews that will not be that good.
That happens and I hope you can live with that.

Please don't forget your old days.

We all are Alice Cooperfans and hope he will be touring / make records for a very long time.

And the new box is a KILLER.

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:29 pm

elnombre wrote:
alan1958 wrote:ELNOMBRE SAID ;
I, party one, (the customer) am made an offer by AC.com, party two. I follow the links for that offer on AC.com and they redirect my order to Universal, party three. There is no question that European orders are being handled by a third party.

What is it about this paragraph that makes me think of Groucho Marx ???
If it made you think of Groucho Marx, it's all being worth it. ;) Bye

I realise that attempting to be humourous during such a heated debate could be seen as inflammatory , and was certainly not trying to take the mickey ........I'd hoped people would get the joke .......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzfiBMRD ... re=related

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:42 pm

>Andy I "know" you a long time

Well, we were in touch a long time ago, but until the last couple of years, we had not been in touch since 1986 or so.

> and I even been to your house with a friend of mine.

You have never visited in my home.

>I remember you and your wife(girlfriend) had given us great hospitality and we had a great time.

You're thinking of someone else - I've never lived with anyone or been married. I wonder if you're thinking of who I am thinking of.

>But now I don't recognize you anymore.

That's because you've confused me with someone else, I think.

>Maybe you forgot your own "old" days as a fan but you were the same as the normal fans were.

I still am and I know you mean well, but before we get into it, I don't need lessons from you or anyone else on that particular subject. Ask the dozens and dozens of people I've helped over the years with any Alice Cooper matters.

>Full of questions and expectations and sometimes wrong conclusions at the projects Alice was involved in.

Which "wrong conclusions"? When I was a child, you mean?

>Now you work or how do I call it for Alice

I know what you mean, but no, I don't.

> and you can't have any critism at all.

That is nonsense and you know it. I am tired of being told that. It's an easy, lazy accusation. Not everything I post is totally positive about everything connected with Alice Cooper and anything I think about the subject of Alice Cooper does not exist only on this forum, so neither you nor anyone else know what I think about every Alice Cooper issue. I'm pretty sure I spend more time away from this forum 'discussing' Alice Cooper than you think.

> but you must admitt that the whole Jagermeister download is poorly handled.

The only thing that went wrong was that the person who posted the information at www.alicecooper.com left out the fact that the download was only available to purchasers in North America and Canada and if you think that honest mistake deserves the ridiculous comments that some people have made, you are less fair - minded than I thought. That error has now been corrected and it only took a day or so to correct, but that's not good enough for some people, obviously.

> I know (and hope) it will corrected

It already has been, but like I say, some people didn't want to wait.

>I can understand it must be sometimes frustrating to read some silly questions or silly comments as you are an insider knows almost the whole story.

Let's leave the whole "insider" thing aside, as it's not a term I'm comfortable with. The real issue is that it has nothing to do with being an "insider" or not. There are plenty of people on this forum and elsewhere who are not insiders, yet they don't make the same comments as the ones under discussion. They're a lot more fair - minded and objective than that.

>But why react so strong.

I "react" in the same way I am reacted to.

>there maybe also be some reviews that will not be that good.

At least those reviews will be based on having *actually* seen and heard the material. That's the difference.

>That happens and I hope you can live with that.

I never have a problem with constructive criticism. I have a big problem though, with criticism based on no experience of a situation.

>Please don't forget your old days.

I thinking judging by your comments about visiting me, you've forgotten more than I have.

In Chick
Killer
Killer

Post by In Chick » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:46 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>but it is a little bit TOO MUCH, don't you think?

Why? Besides, it's not impossible that there will be a cheaper version.
I've seen the video showing it, and I must say that it really looks amazing, I would like to get it since I am a true fan. At any price, doesn't need to be a cheaper version.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:12 am

Ok, first of all I must apologize to Andy as I clearly confused him with another fan I was in touch with in the old days. (I must check my old letters in the basement).

So in my last post I was wrong at many points (but only conserning me knowing Andy) as I mixed up persons.

But I still have the same opinion about many points but they are well known here so no need to start over again. We not have the same opinion on some issues and I think we never will but that's ok for me.

It's a pity that you see my comments as a lesson because that was not my intention.

But different persons different opinions.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:04 am

A_MichaelUK wrote:You're thinking of someone else - I've never lived with anyone or been married.
Some unlikely soul is missing out on some tasty Roast Beef!
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:You're thinking of someone else - I've never lived with anyone or been married.
Some unlikely soul is missing out on some tasty Roast Beef!
Unlikely or unlucky?
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:10 am

We'll go with "unlucky" haha.
Me = Winning

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 pm

>It's a pity that you see my comments as a lesson because that was not my intention.

No problem at all. I know your intentions are good. Don't worry about it.

I also just want to add something else, which is while I don't mind discussing the box - set, I am not some kind of official representative for it. Any comments I make represent my own views and experiences (and nothing else) during the creation of it. Equally, I'm free to not say anything if I don't want to and I say that to pre-empt the kind of presumptious and entitled comments which have arisen here and elsewhere (and I mean specifically those people who have already said they are not interested in buying it).

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Found this ......maybe been posted before & i've missed it ....if so ...oooops , sorry

Disc 3 - Spoken Word

Intro
The Rock Scene
Live Show Theatrics
Violence On Stage
Sex Death And Money
Thunderstorm
Canadian Chickens
Broadway
The Age Of The Audience
Customs
Beginning
Glen And Mike Join
Fighting
Earwigs To Spiders To Nazz
Singles
Move To LA
Band Image
Band Name
Vinnie To Alice
Frank Zappa Meeting
Meeting Shep
Name
Beer
Bizzare Days
Bob Ezrin Meets The Band
Working With Bob
RCA Studios Chicago
Recording Ballad of Dwight Fry
Sophomore
Recording Halo Of Flies
Unfinished Sweet
Recording Schools Out
Recording Billion Dollar Babies
Fatigue Hits Group
Writing Generation Landslide
Introduction Of Guest Artists
Billion Dollar Babies Tour
Muscle Of Love
Alice's Thoughts On Muscle Of Love
Group Breaks Up
Outro Alice

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:07 am

Where did you found this ?

Street Schizo
Killer
Killer

Post by Street Schizo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:35 am

That spoken word disc should be a dvd. I'd rather see their expressions when they are talking. But it's still an excellent thing to include. And speaking of the DVD, no track listing yet? I mean it's being released in 13 days. It has to be finalized by now. Why are they keeping a lid on it? Anyone know anything? Bursting with anticipation.

alan1958
Killer
Killer

Post by alan1958 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 am

mestreech wrote:Where did you found this ?
I was chatting with Alice on the phone the other night & he told me the track-listing for disc 3 - bloody nightmare trying to write it all down , as he talks so fast on the phone .......................either that , or it's on PLAY.Com -

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/2014167 ... fer=search

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:39 am

Street Schizo wrote:That spoken word disc should be a dvd. I'd rather see their expressions when they are talking. But it's still an excellent thing to include. And speaking of the DVD, no track listing yet? I mean it's being released in 13 days. It has to be finalized by now. Why are they keeping a lid on it? Anyone know anything? Bursting with anticipation.
This is from play.com

DVD: brand new and exclusive it chronices the warts-and-all history of the band from Arizona teenagers to world dominating Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, featuring a whole host of unreleased footage.

DVD:
1. Introduction DVD
2. The Earwigs - Chapter 1
3. The Original Lineup - Chapter 2 FM
4. Introducing The Spiders - Chapter 3 FM
5. One last name change: THE BIG ONE - Chapter 4 FM
6. "get hip" to the name - Chapter 5 FM
7. Go West Young Glam - Chapter 6 SM
8. Meeting Frank Zappa and Shep - Chapter 7 SM
9. $3,000 or $30,000 - Chapter 8 SM
10. Early Excursions in Art Rock - Chapter 9 SM
11. But where does it all come from? - Chapter 10 SM
12. The one about the chicken - Chapter 11 SM
13. The Pontiac farm - Chapter 12 SM
14. Meeting our producer Bob Ezrin - Chapter 13 SM
15. Road Scholars - Chapter 14 JNR
16. The 1st album - Chapter 15 JNR
17. No. 3 on CKLW - Chapter 16 JNR
18. The Eight Alices - Chapter 17 JNR
19. Killer Dreams - Chapter 18 JNR
20. Killing Alice - Chapter 19 JNR
21. A Spinal Tap Moment - Chapter 20 JNR
22. Transvestite Sideshow - Chapter 21 JNR
23. School's Out - Chapter 22 SNR
24. Number 1 in the World Press - Chapter 23 SNR
25. Glen Slipping Away - Chapter 24 SNR
26. Big Stars - Chapter 25 SNR
27. Billion Doller Babies - Chapter 26 SNR
28. The Amazing Randi - Chapter 27 SNR
29. It's getting surreal - Chapter 27 SNR
30. Muscle of Love - Chapter 28 SNR
31. Bob Ezrin Chat BONUS
32. Is It My Body Being Processed

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:41 pm

>That spoken word disc should be a dvd.

Some of it already is.

>I'd rather see their expressions when they are talking.

You will.

>Why are they keeping a lid on it? Anyone know anything? Bursting with anticipation.

It had already been announced that it was a documentary, in case you had missed that.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Is this the whole dvdcontent?
As I thought it was divided in 3 feartures.
So is this one feature or is this all?

homerx
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by homerx » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Most of the information is also On the AliceCooper.com website.

I do wonder How Limited it really is I've seen it on most major Sites and for order from some stores as well. The Prices vary greatly. Best Buy having the highest thus far

Be cool if this does well they do a boxset for each cooper Era. Next being Welcome to My Nightmare

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 pm

>Is this the whole dvdcontent?

No.

>As I thought it was divided in 3 feartures.

No. That was a reference to the three new interviews. It wasn't worded very well.

>So is this one feature or is this all?

It's one documentary.