Here ya go, girls...!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Re: Here ya go, girls...!

Post by Baz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:29 pm

I don`t think mags then were as PC as they are now, who of the 16 buying public are gunna complain about a semi naked rock star.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Baz wrote:I don`t think mags then were as PC as they are now, who of the 16 buying public are gunna complain about a semi naked rock star.
I would tend to agree, and these days, you would almost certainly run the risk of being picked up by the fuzz.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 pm

which would be quite painful
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:36 pm

quite,...........and all the more embarrassing if followed up with a Public Enquiry.
My God.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:00 pm

He'd probably wind up getting booked in the penal system.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Dannorama,

That was sheer genius mate!!

Just wiping away the tears as I type this!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
My God.

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 am

That is a really interesting photo and its history is equally interesting and surprising! Thank you for posting that pic!

I'm also thankful, once again, for long haired rock stars, music, Alice, makeup, black hair dye and above all else....Gillette.

*smile!

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:58 am

But if you look at my original post, I was saying that it would have been less surprising had this photo appeared in some other magazine like Rolling Stone (where even David Cassidy went totally nude)...and how the real shock was that it appeared in 16 Magazine, of all places! That was the whole point of my original post.

I am aware that you would have found it less surprising if the photo featured in Rolling Stone and I was at the time I read your original post....I'm rather quick and alert like that! I just merely wanted to clarify that you did indeed mean the entire photo along with pubic hair, I apologise if that upset your reasoning ability.

I am suprised that featured in a teen mag from the early 70's and have to say it is one ugly photo. Cooper must have been pretty drunk to do that, and indeed, by his own admission he was, according to his interview on a David Bailey documentary tv programme.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 pm

Gunner wrote: I am aware that you would have found it less surprising if the photo featured in Rolling Stone and I was at the time I read your original post....I'm rather quick and alert like that! I just merely wanted to clarify that you did indeed mean the entire photo along with pubic hair, I apologise if that upset your reasoning ability.

I am suprised that featured in a teen mag from the early 70's and have to say it is one ugly photo. Cooper must have been pretty drunk to do that, and indeed, by his own admission he was, according to his interview on a David Bailey documentary tv programme.
My reasoning ability was not upset in any way. I have never been bothered by someone needing a clarification of a post.

I don't agree that it is "one ugly photo" and I'm sure there are many other females on this board who would also disagree that it's an ugly photo of Alice. I think male and female fans may view this photo differently.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:54 am

I don't agree that it is "one ugly photo" and I'm sure there are many other females on this board who would also disagree that it's an ugly photo of Alice. I think male and female fans may view this photo differently.
I think you are right Glam. I personally think it's a very unflattering picture of Alice, but that's just my opinion. After all, what do I know? I'm no David Bailey.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 am

>this pic was merrily featured in, of all things, 16 Magazine! Yes, THE 16 Magazine

I think the nude pictures published in "16" were taken by Richard Avedon (including the famous one of Alice reclining), but this particular picture looks like it was taken by David Bailey (but I'm not sure).

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:00 pm

A_MichaelUK wrote:>this pic was merrily featured in, of all things, 16 Magazine! Yes, THE 16 Magazine

I think the nude pictures published in "16" were taken by Richard Avedon (including the famous one of Alice reclining), but this particular picture looks like it was taken by David Bailey (but I'm not sure).
Yes, I think you are right and that's a David Bailey picture and it probably was the Richard Avedon pictures which were included in 16 Magazine.
As for seeing Alice's "hair", I seem to remember that someone (a reliable source) posted on the original Sickthings list that they were surprised that 16 Magazine or one of its Alice fanzines included a pic where one could see his "hair". I vaguely remember something along those lines, does anyone remember anything?

Dave Conway
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dave Conway » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Had a look at this. My Mrs is a pro photographer (http://www.photojos.co.uk). Anyway, she recons this is a David Baily pic, and rates it as 'dramatic and edgy'.....praise indeed..... believe me!

I think it could be an unsettling pic, particularly for teens (in those more sheltered times) scary scar which is showed of almost with pride, but it seems thats part of the persona of Alice. He used to scare folks (inculding me... a bit..when I was 12!). That was part of the appeal. He dared you to say you liked him. He shocked my parents and 35 years later, shocked my kids!

The things they used to put in kids mags :bam: .
...And personally, I don't care.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:18 am

I am suprised that featured in a teen mag from the early 70's
I'll take that quote back, I didn't realise you were talking about the Richard Avedon photo and not the David Bailey one and that you had got mixed up. I'm not suprised at all at that pic being in a teen mag since it was that Richard Avedon one that was the one I was telling you about seeing in a teen pop magazine in 1973!!