Alice and Slash?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Alice and Slash?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Slash plans to use different singers for each of the album's songs but isn't divulging who's on the list yet. "They're all sort of well-known singers," he says. "It's sort of like how I go play on a lot of other people's records, so other people will just play on this one."

From Slash's site, maybe Alice would be one of these singers.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice and Slash?

Post by Si » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:15 pm

News page 15th October:
Artisan News is reporting that Alice may appear on Slash's forthcoming solo album.
http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templ ... =5263&z=98

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Sorry, if i saw it, i forget, bad me.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:18 pm

No worries, that one was easy to miss.

damiennalice
Bouilliabase
Bouilliabase

Post by damiennalice » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:44 am

Maybe there sould be a series of "fines" for those who miss front page news. :evil: At least raise their dues by 15% ;)

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:03 am

News page 15th October:
Artisan News is reporting that Alice may appear on Slash's forthcoming solo album.
http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templ ... =5263&z=98
Thanks Si, I'm sorry but unless you had clarified, I doubt I would have been able to understand the initial post.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:52 am

Wouldn't surprise me if Alice ended up lead singer of velvet revolver sometime...when they got Scott Slash I think said that they were looking for someone with an Alice type vocal.....
You are an individual, just like everybody else.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:12 pm

The next time Alice and Slash perform onstage together, I think they should both wear tophats....

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Thanks DA, as if the fees are not enough already. :laugh:

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:24 am

Slash looks and sounds like Alice's guitarist. Slash is the Alice guitarist that never was really. If you put, say, Kane Roberts next to Slash...who would you think was more suited to Alice sound, attitude and image wise? ;)

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:27 am

..in fact, Slash looks like he's off the inner picture off the School's Out album cover. http://argyleist.com/mp3/AliceCooper_SchoolsOut.jpg

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:30 am

interesting gunner...makes me think of an old topic an alice cooper reunion with original members but with slash in lead guitar role...can also still see Alice as lead singer of velvet revolver or what about a new group called Slash Alice...maybe Slash would even go for this

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:32 pm

recoop wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Alice ended up lead singer of velvet revolver sometime...when they got Scott Slash I think said that they were looking for someone with an Alice type vocal.....
I can't see that happening, but I can see Slash becoming Alice Cooper's main guitar player/co writer in a similar way that Michael Bruce, Dick Wagner & Kane Roberts were.

Alice loves Slash's playing and Slash understands the essence of what makes Alice Cooper great.

When Slash talks about 'Cold Ethyl' you know this guy understands what a great Alice riff is all about.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

teenage frank
Trash
Trash

Post by teenage frank » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:25 pm

To answer the original question, yeah i think it's a given that Alice will front for Slash,one hand washes the other...................

Now as for the Slash, lead question, he sure fits the part and Snakebite is one of the best Alice riffs ever......so we could dream hey,but it's no coincidence that in the same yaer that new Alice and Gunners albums released that Slash only plays on one of em.
I'm at war with myself and nobody else.... i'm in danger.....

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:59 pm

makes me think of an old topic an alice cooper reunion with original members but with slash in lead guitar role
Now, there's a good idea!! I dind't see that topic. I think that could work and I think there would be a demand for it.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Alice has referred to him (Slash) as having been Alice's 'auxillary guitarist' for some time now. I couls see Slash becoming part of Alice's touring band. Although, it may be all a bit late now!?? :/

Mad Axeman
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Mad Axeman » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Gunner wrote:Slash looks and sounds like Alice's guitarist. Slash is the Alice guitarist that never was really. If you put, say, Kane Roberts next to Slash...who would you think was more suited to Alice sound, attitude and image wise? ;)

Overall I would say that Slash is more suited to the 'Alice' sound and attitude.
But in Kane Roberts defence, Alice returned with Constrictor as a much more vicious and 'in yer face' bad ass Alice than ever b4, and entered the realms of 'Metal' which did his career no harm whatsoever.
Kane and Alice were great for the mid 80s, but yeah, Slash is definately a contender for person you'd most like to see in the band.
Who would you put on rhythm guitar though? (vote for me) :laugh:
To the Axeman, all supplicants are the same height...

http://www.myspace.com/6stringsiseverything

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:01 pm

I met Kane and he was a very agreeable chap and a very good heavy metal 'axeman'..but that's all really. I think Alice could have hooked up with many of those types of players and written something very similar to Constrictor...probably better. Having said that, the following album RYFAY was a damn good metal album.

recoop
Dada God
Dada God

Post by recoop » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:52 pm

re different styles/guitarists etc i was listening to tribute album humanary stew again today..many of tracks played in faithful original style but particularly struck by "no more mr nice guy"..vocals roger daltrey...lead and rhythm guitar (what i was searching for)...slash!..slash is the man for alice.

By the way some of the traks are excellent..not a twisted fan but go to hell with dee snider not far away from cooptastic.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:49 am

There are some good versions on there. I think 'Only Women' by Glen Hughes stands out (super vocal)...I love the 'punky' version of Elected too. Not a bad album at all!!