Salin Palin and rock stars as "morons"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 am

Gunner - "I just wish one thing from Alice; that he would STOP telling us how faithfull he's been to his wife, as though it's a major achievement and he deserves a medal!! Someone stop him telling us PLEASE, it's an embarassment!! I do realise that women must throw themselves left right and centre at the beauty that is Mr Furnier, but come one now it's not an achievement not to shit on someone. "

I kind of agree with the first sentence: I've heard it, I know it, I'm good with it, you're a great, honest, faithful, guy - there are very, very few.... I've acknowledged that. I fully and completely give him that credit because he must see 'temptation' - at least to a higher degree than most. I acknowledge that too. Again, great, honest, faithful, guy. On the other hand: enough already.

However, I disagree with the last part: It is INDEED "an achievement not to shit on someone." That happens every, single, day. In every single persons life - be you the "crappor" or "crappee". It makes people 'feel better' about themselves to 'put someone else down'. It's easy to disrespect someone, yet incredibly difficult to maintain a sense of 'humility' - especially for someone who's told on a regular basis that he's/she's the 'cats ass'...(be it true or not). It's easy to crap on someone when your sense of self importance is overrated. It's an easy fix. I see it every day. It bothers me. I hate it. I hate it when kids do it, when adults do it,when parents do it, grandparents, families, and just about anyone else I see do it. It's not necessary. So I have to give the guy credit again: because he stated what was good without putting anyone else 'down'...The number of times he states it is nothing incomparison to the number of world wide offenses...

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:34 am

Personally I think it is very much an achievement for a celebrity of his status to have remained faithful all of these years, and i'm happy to hear about it. Considering that most rock stars/hollywood stars etc. treat marriage like a joke, have kids & then don't pay attention to them, never mind raise them, etc. I think it's nice to hear that someone is proud of honoring their sacrament of marriage.
Sorry, I disagree, it is commendable, but he is only doing what people should do. To resist extra marital affairs is not a virtue to be applauded in every interview, no matter what circles he mixes in.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 am

If I am not mistaken Alice was asked a question concerning politics, which he answered. He wasn't trying to convince you to vote either way unlike people like Oprah, Alec Baldwin, etc. When you go around "campaigning" for a political candidate then you come across as a rock star "moron." Alice simply made a comment and clarified that he doesn't base his vote on the party but the individual. There is nothing moronic about that at all.

criss
Killer
Killer

Re:

Post by criss » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:07 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:And the fresh air Sarah breathes comes from Russia!

:rotfl:
Australias No 1 Alice cooper fan

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re:

Post by Maurice » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:49 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:Divorce rates would be a lot lower if people just quit getting married to begin with.
Well, ipso factso of course they would! :(
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.