Under my wheels encore 1973

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Under my wheels encore 1973

Post by scotty » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:55 am

"Hi Dennis -
In the good to see you again dvd, as I’m sure you recall, Alice has a tense exchange with the boyfriend of a young lady he’s flirting with…. My question : was this a real exchange or a put on ? I can’t imagine a person coming to a concert that seemed to hate someone as much as this guy did Alice !"

Over the years, it becomes more and more difficult to imagine how strongly some people felt about our androgynous image. In the early days, it was most of the audience, but with success, the percentage of negative reactions lessened, but even during the Billion Dollar Babies Tour, it was still a factor.

In his beer drinking days, Alice's interactions with our audiences was aimed at winning them over, but the addition of whiskey brought out a more negative tough guy.

I strongly felt the Alice character should be dark but not mean, and on some nights during the Billion Dollar Babies Tour, it wasn't too pretty. The incident with the boyfriend wasn't staged. The problem was that most fans seemed to approve of anything Alice did, and so that egged him on.

The humor that had kept the band highly entertained through so many miles on the road, also took on a negative tone with both Alice and Glen. As they became heavier drinkers, they were still clever but not as much fun to be in a car with.

I'm glad to say that Alice's drinking days are long over and that he is once again, night after night, out to win his audiences over.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Under my wheels encore 1973

Post by scotty » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. Wow I really thought you were going to say it was in fact staged. I saw the officer right in front of Alice so he must have felt a bit more confident with that interaction. I did also take note that one of you guys were egging him on a bit, at least you hear some kind of comments lol.
Sober Alice is so much better- it’s why he’s still with us and living a respectable / spiritual life style now and putting out quality music imo

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:24 pm

scotty wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:30 pm
Thanks for the reply. Wow I really thought you were going to say it was in fact staged. I saw the officer right in front of Alice so he must have felt a bit more confident with that interaction. I did also take note that one of you guys were egging him on a bit, at least you hear some kind of comments lol.
Sober Alice is so much better- it’s why he’s still with us and living a respectable / spiritual life style now and putting out quality music imo
Keep in mind that drunk Alice was very aware that movie cameras were rolling.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:42 pm

Dreary wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:24 pm
scotty wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:30 pm
Keep in mind that drunk Alice was very aware that movie cameras were rolling.
As far as Celebrarties & Civilians are concerned these days,
aren't we all "Cameras Are Rolling" wherever we go? :alice:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...