album choice

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

bigrc18
Trash
Trash

album choice

Post by bigrc18 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:25 am

Dennis,
I'm sure its as hard as picking your favorite daughter but if you had the opportunity to play one of the original
groups albums live which one would it be? I have been seeing a lot of bands going back and doing a full album
during a live show and just had to ask your opinion.
Thanks in advance for any reply.
RC

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: album choice

Post by Dreary » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:52 pm

Yes, it is like choosing one child over another. And in some cases, it's also like comparing apples to oranges.

The closest Alice Cooper ever came to playing albums in their entirety live was Pretties For You, Love It to Death, and Killer (although Si's Setlists section may show differently.) The subsequent shows had more crowd favorites to oblige.

Nick Didkovsky's Pretties For You NYC band first performed that album in its entirety in 2015. Neal, Cindy and I were there. Cindy said she had forgotten how great those songs were.
As for me performing Pretties For You again, I would have to refresh my memory on every song, but I know it would sound tight. Glen would be missed big time.

Performing Love It To Death or Killer would be more of a no-brainer for me due to having played those songs more often throughout the decades. I'd say the same goes for School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies, however Muscle of Love would require a bit of refreshing.

I could play the Greatest Hits album in my sleep.

All of that said, I'll choose Love It To Death.