Empire Pool (Wembley) 1972 Setlist

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Empire Pool (Wembley) 1972 Setlist

Post by Dannorama » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:20 pm

Happy new year, Dennis. (Hope it's a good one!)

Not sure if you saw it, but VinceRaven asked a pretty good question a few days ago...

I don't suppose anybody on here happens to know for certain what the setlist was for this gig?

It was officially the end of the Killer tour and should have had the same set from around that time, but I've seen at least one claim that Gutter Cat was performed that night, which might be possible due the School's Out tour being about to begin.

I didn't see any direct mention in your book, which leads me to ask... Do you perhaps remember this gig? Is it possible that you guys may have whipped out Gutter Cat? HERE is a shot from the show, in case it jogs any memories. PS: VinceRaven's post made me look up the arena, and it is very impressive. What a place!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Empire Pool (Wembley) 1972 Setlist

Post by Dreary » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:37 am

By the time we got to Wembley, we had already toured Killer in America while writing and recording School's Out. So, what fans think of as the Killer era was actually the School's Out era for the band.

I don't recall the exact set list for Wembley but I'd say it's likely that we were itching to start playing some of our latest recordings live, especially since we aimed to start developing the School's Out show as soon as we got back to the US.

As for remembering the on-stage show at Wembley, I just recall feeling privileged to play there. I remember more vividly that we were backstage and Iggy Pop showed up and the conversation immediately turned to Detroit. And when the opening band started playing, Iggy and I went out and stood side by side between the bleachers to listen. We agreed that this opening band (Roxy Music) were bound to make it big.

After our show, we all wound up back at our hotel with Iggy in tow. Blake's Hotel had an intimate downstairs dinning area with a giant pot of soup on the stove, which the hotel had made especially for our late night savoring.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:24 am

Dreary wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:37 am
As for remembering the on-stage show at Wembley, I just recall feeling privileged to play there. I remember more vividly that we were backstage and Iggy Pop showed up and the conversation immediately turned to Detroit.
After our show, we all wound up back at our hotel with Iggy in tow.
Hi Dennis,
I would like to ask more about Iggy at that show.
Would that be when Iggy was in the studio recording with
James Williamson Demos or the actual recording of "Raw Power"?
Thank you, Dr. D
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:38 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:24 am
Dreary wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:37 am
As for remembering the on-stage show at Wembley, I just recall feeling privileged to play there. I remember more vividly that we were backstage and Iggy Pop showed up and the conversation immediately turned to Detroit.
After our show, we all wound up back at our hotel with Iggy in tow.
Hi Dennis,
I would like to ask more about Iggy at that show.
Would that be when Iggy was in the studio recording with
James Williamson Demos or the actual recording of "Raw Power"?
Thank you, Dr. D
I don't know what Iggy was up to at that time. Perhaps you can research it. We played Wembley June 30, 1972.