B$B quad blu ray

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

B$B quad blu ray

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:26 pm

Hi ,

Me and a good friend of mine gave the new B$B quad blu ray audio a razz (i am obviously unsure how aware of this release you are) but it is essentially a re-issue of the original quad vinyl on a new format (blu ray)
A couple of thoughts and questions if you could indulge me.
I think its a great mix, i really do. The drums especially are fantastic and the split in the guitars is brilliant really pulling out some of the dirty rhythm tracks that are buried somewhat on the normal version.

But i am confused with the cuts presented as they are different to the normal album versions, a few stand out differences are wording changed on raped and freezin (no longer being alone down in mexico!) the outro to generation landslide is different and the opening to mary anne is missing. there are other bits and pieces but i was curious if you guys were aware of this at the time (or even later on), if anyone gave it the ok and just in general what your thoughts are on it?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: B$B quad blu ray

Post by Dreary » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:57 pm

I hadn't heard anything about the release until Steve Gaddis, Director of Live From The Astroturf, told me. I have yet to get a copy so I can't comment on the varied versions. They likely wanted to give people something they didn't already have.
I'll follow up when I hear it.

Freeze
Trash
Trash

Post by Freeze » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:19 pm

I have it. Sounds really good to me. Better than the 5.1 version released on Dvd-A back in the days.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:45 pm

Gotta ask... Have you had an opportunity to check this out? I listened to mine again last night, and I am convinced that this is the pinnacle for this album. Hope all is well!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:06 am

got my copy a few weeks back.

I haven't got the old dvd-audio to compare with, but to me, this new version sound terrific. Both stereo and surround seem really strong