Michael J. Fox documentary

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Lazarus
Trash
Trash

Michael J. Fox documentary

Post by Lazarus » Sun May 21, 2023 4:47 pm

I recently watched "Still," the Michael J. Fox documentary streaming on Apple+, and I found it to be compelling and inspiring, but not at all in the vein of your typical "look what someone can do in the face of adversity" story. His utter lack of vanity, his endearing sense of humor, and his desire to make the best of his situation and help others along the way were the things that really stood out to me.
As Michael is a well-known ACG superfan, lover of PFY, attendant at the ACG RARHOF induction, and lead blurb writer for "Snakes!", I wondered if you have seen this documentary and what your impressions were.

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Re: Michael J. Fox documentary

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Mon May 22, 2023 8:34 pm

I haven't watched the documentary though I did see a snippet of it from a portion of his 60 Minutes interview. I grew up watching him in his heyday and it's painful to see what he has had to endure.

I honestly had no idea his was an Alice Cooper fan. Just when you thought Teen Wolf couldn't get any cooler.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Mon May 22, 2023 10:15 pm

I haven't seen it yet, either.
I was saddened by a recent New York Post article that said - Michael J. Fox revealed that he “can't even remember dating” The Bangles guitarist Susanna Hoffs back in the 80s.

I believe his ability to be believable in his roles is due to his honesty as a person.

Here's how I found out that he was an Alice Cooper fan.
I was walking my dogs on a summer day when I got a call asking where I was. It was the producers of a documentary film about poster artist Drew Struzan who did the Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits and Welcome To My Nightmare album covers as well as many film posters for Lucas and Spielberg including the Back To The Future series. I had lost track of what day it was.
I ran my dogs home, caught an express train to New York City, and rushed to the building where the film crew were waiting.
I entered the room huffing and puffing and apologizing for being late. They said, don't worry, Michael J. Fox was just here and filled in the whole time raving about how much he liked Alice Cooper.

SickThings
Dada God
Dada God

Post by SickThings » Mon May 22, 2023 11:44 pm

Very cool!

For those in the U.S., the Drew Struzan documentary can be watched for free (with ads) on Vudu.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/pla ... RT_CONTENT