Setlist after the release of Eighteen in November 1970?

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Adam Bendelow
Trash
Trash

Setlist after the release of Eighteen in November 1970?

Post by Adam Bendelow » Wed May 10, 2023 3:42 pm

Hey Dennis, I've always been curious about the setlist of the groups concerts between November 1970 - February 1971. According to the Alice Cooper archive website the last gig on the Easy Action tour was on February 28th 1971. Then Love It To Death was released on March 9th of the same year (actually my birthday, just 31 years before I was born)
Did you guys drop most of the PFY and Easy Action songs by then or was the set virtually the same as the Chicago underground gig from July 1970?
Thanks for reading my question and thanks for all the great music.
Kind regards, Adam

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Setlist after the release of Eighteen in November 1970?

Post by Dreary » Wed May 10, 2023 5:15 pm

My memory seems vivid on certain things and vague, or even void, on others. We are talking about half a century ago. So take this as a best effort and not gospel.

At that time Alice Cooper were still an opening act restricted to shorter sets. Love it To Death had so many good songs on it that it dominated the set. I think "Return of The Spiders" was the only previous song we kept in the set.

With the release of Killer, and becoming headliners, right or wrong, we had enough strong songs do warrant abandoning our earlier material.

By then our song writing had been sharpened, and our stage experience had made us much better able to write songs that would enhance our live shows.

Adam Bendelow
Trash
Trash

Re: Setlist after the release of Eighteen in November 1970?

Post by Adam Bendelow » Wed May 10, 2023 5:24 pm

Thanks for answering my question, hopefully some gigs will surface from the Easy Action tour/ post eighteen/pre Love It To Death era.