WS 1883

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

WS 1883

Post by Dannorama » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:01 pm

Hope all is well, Dennis. Here's one I didn't see covered in your book. Do you recall any reactions to the Love it to Death cover image being cropped for a short time?

PS - Yes, those are my albums, and yes, a lot of the covers are destroyed. I prefer to say that they've been (ahem) loved to death.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: WS 1883

Post by Dreary » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:27 am

It was a quick way to eliminate the "thumb" without paying for, and waiting for, an artist to touchup the photo.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:02 pm

Dreary wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:27 am
It was a quick way to eliminate the "thumb" without paying for, and waiting for, an artist to touchup the photo.
I remember how fascinated my friend was when my eyes lit up when I lifted the "Thumb" cover from a junk collection he had just acquired. My copy was in fine (retouched) shape, on the Warner/straight Label so I took a picture (or 2) & gave it back to him because the LP (& cover for the most part) were in bad shape. ::((:
Thanks Dr. D! :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:13 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:02 pm
Dreary wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:27 am
I remember how fascinated my friend was when my eyes lit up when I lifted the "Thumb" cover from a junk collection he had just acquired. My copy was in fine (retouched) shape, on the Warner/straight Label so I took a picture (or 2) & gave it back to him because the LP (& cover for the most part) were in bad shape. ::((:
Thanks Dr. D! :clap:
I found my "white band" at a record store 13 years ago for $2. I'd known about it for some time, but I'd never really thought about having it. Then, bang! There it was. The record is beat, and the cover is too. It's truly just a curiosity, but to me it's a real slice of history.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:42 am

On the two LITD albums I had ( I also was rough on my records, playing them to death!) and the CD, the thumb is missing. Oddly enough, when I got the album on cassette, the thumb was there in all its glory! Maybe it was deemed small enough to not be noticible.
"I need everything the world owes me..."