Unused Material

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Unused Material

Post by Marcelocooper » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:34 am

Hi Dennis!

Just got my copy of LFTA on blue ray and dvd. It is just brilliant, as enough people have already pointed out. Glad to see what a great time you all had.

As I watched the Q&A, one thing that stood out to me was when you said that the original writing had many more stories that didn't make the final print. Obviously, there probably where to many to share here and if they got put out there was a reason for it, but, my question is from what you had written, is there anything you regret taking out?

Did you ever consider releasing this material on any form?
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Unused Material

Post by Dreary » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:51 am

I handed in 137,000 words and got a standard first author's deal for 90,000 words. Whittling it all down, while maintaining its conversational flow, took an editor, a co-writer, and myself. The legal team and the printer also had requirements. All with a looming deadline. It's how books are made.

Despite what didn't make the final cut, thanks to an amazing team, I achieved my goal, which was to put the reader in the station wagon with five different personalities that made up the collaborative chemistry of the group.

As for the untold stories, I'm sure I'll be sharing them in various interviews. I've already shared some of them in this forum.