Your Top 10

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Your Top 10

Post by tuneylune » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:43 am

Hello Mr Dunaway,

My wife and I were on vacation a couple of years ago and in a small bookstore, I found SATISFACTION: 10 ALBUMS THAT CHANGED MY LIFE by Martin Popoff. Many of my favorite performers were in there, including You and Neal Smith. Your Top 10 were:

WEST SIDE STORY-Soundtrack
THE FREEWHEELIN' Bob Dylan-Bob Dylan
INTRODUCING THE BEATLES-The Beatles
SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND-The Beatles
ENGLAND'S NEWEST HIT MAKERS-The Rolling Stones
MY GENERATION-The Who
PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN-Pink Floyd
THE DOORS-The Doors
ARE YOU EXPERIENCED- The Jimi Hendrix Experience
FOR YOUR LOVE-The Yardbirds

My question to You is ; How do these albums stack up with passing of time and what other albums might be in Your listening orbit?

Thank You,
TL
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Your Top 10

Post by Dreary » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:41 pm

I was most influenced early on, therefore those are the albums that changed my life. But then I found my own style of playing, and writing, and outside influences subsided to the point where all of my time was focused on creating my own music. Not listening to what I had recorded, but creating new songs, and stage shows.

After 1974, having more time at home with a record player, and feeling solid in my own creative style, I started catching up on albums by other artists.

At this point, a list of my favorite 100 albums would be difficult for me because I would still be kicking myself for what I had to leave out.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:23 am

Dreary wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:41 pm
I was most influenced early on, therefore those are the albums that changed my life. But then I found my own style of playing, and writing, and outside influences subsided to the point where all of my time was focused on creating my own music. Not listening to what I had recorded, but creating new songs, and stage shows.

After 1974, having more time at home with a record player, and feeling solid in my own creative style, I started catching up on albums by other artists.

At this point, a list of my favorite 100 albums would be difficult for me because I would still be kicking myself for what I had to leave out.
Wouldn't we all! :8): Thanks Dennis
Let's leave that job to Rolling Stone.
It changes every couple of years anyway.
xjumpingx
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:11 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:23 am
Dreary wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:41 pm

Wouldn't we all! :8): Thanks Dennis
Let's leave that job to Rolling Stone.
It changes every couple of years anyway.
xjumpingx
Isn't THAT the truth :bam: !
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:04 am

There's no such thing as a perfect Top 100 list.