Onstage Good, Bad, and Ugly.

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Onstage Good, Bad, and Ugly.

Post by Dannorama » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:42 pm

My ugliest moment was when the stage riser collapsed underneath me during a HS Christmas concert. The tambourine I was carrying sailed up, the then down through an expensive tympani head. I can still see the stage lights as I was toppling down. Evidently, my good moments are outshone by that one instant. How about you, Dennis? Please tell us one story that wasn't in your book.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Onstage Good, Bad, and Ugly.

Post by Dreary » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:40 pm

Alice Cooper once played a gig in Ohio in the 70's. The stage was about knee high so I jumped into the audience feeling pretty cool about myself. When I made a run back toward the stage, I was overly confident about my ability to leap and caught my foot on the front of the stage slamming me and my bass down as I slid into Neal's drums.

The only injury was my feelings so I decided to play dead while the band finished the song. They all knew me well enough to let me milk my drama without showing any concern about my mortality. When the song ended, I jumped up and bowed to let the audience know that I was fine.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:09 am

Dreary wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:40 pm
Alice Cooper once played a gig in Ohio in the 70's. The stage was about knee high so I jumped into the audience feeling pretty cool about myself. When I made a run back toward the stage, I was overly confident about my ability to leap and caught my foot on the front of the stage slamming me and my bass down as I slid into Neal's drums.

The only injury was my feelings so I decided to play dead while the band finished the song. They all knew me well enough to let me milk my drama without showing any concern about my mortality. When the song ended, I jumped up and bowed to let the audience know that I was fine.
And The Band Played On... Good recovery! Glad you weren't injured. :clap:
Thanks, Dr. D.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:34 pm

Yep. I felt everything in your comment, Dennis. You write very conversationally. Love it!
How about a good moment that wasn't in the book? It doesn't have to be a milestone, just something fun... Thanks!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:12 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:34 pm
Yep. I felt everything in your comment, Dennis. You write very conversationally. Love it!
How about a good moment that wasn't in the book? It doesn't have to be a milestone, just something fun... Thanks!
Very little of what I've written here in the Secret Diaries Forum is in my book. Rather than asking me to grab a story out of the blue, I'd rather answer a specific question. I will share an observation though.

Whenever Neal, Alice, Michael and I reminisce about things that have happened, someone will say something and the others will add their recollections and the stories keep unfolding. Michael once said, and I'm paraphrasing, it's like somebody says something and it triggers long forgotten memories that keep peeling away layer after layer.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:52 pm

Dreary wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:12 pm
Dannorama wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:34 pm
Very little of what I've written here in the Secret Diaries Forum is in my book. Rather than asking me to grab a story out of the blue, I'd rather answer a specific question. I will share an observation though.

Whenever Neal, Alice, Michael and I reminisce about things that have happened, someone will say something and the others will add their recollections and the stories keep unfolding. Michael once said, and I'm paraphrasing, it's like somebody says something and it triggers long forgotten memories that keep peeling away layer after layer.
Sounds like a future Podcast????
Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink ;)
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...