Reaction of family members

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Crazymonkeymilk
Trash
Trash

Reaction of family members

Post by Crazymonkeymilk » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:14 am

As a resident of Eugene, OR. I have always been curious if any of your family members from Creswell came to see the band perform at Hayward Field or the Masonic Temple. Do you recall their reaction at the time?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Reaction of family members

Post by Dreary » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:46 am

My grandma was at Hayward Field in '69 and I later overheard her telling a friend, Denny's a good boy. I just wish he hadn't hooked up with those Beatle fellers.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:46 am

Dreary wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:46 am
My grandma was at Hayward Field in '69 and I later overheard her telling a friend, Denny's a good boy. I just wish he hadn't hooked up with those Beatle fellers.
Thanks Dr. D!
Lol, Gotta Love Grandma's! :HEART:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:50 am

Then my grandparents invited the band and crew to the farm for a wonderfully fresh homegrown meal. Afterwards, grandpa piled the band into the bed of his pickup and drove us around the area where I lived as a kid. Whenever we passed a neighboring farmer in his field, grandpa had a loudspeaker mounted on top of his truck and would make an announcement that we were the Alice Cooper band.

Later, we visited Ken Kesey's nearby farm and they told us about the big three-day festival that would be happening in New York State. They had a bus they had painted for the cross-country drive to what later became known as Woodstock.
I later asked Frank Zappa why the Mothers and Alice Cooper weren't playing there. He said, "Because we don't want to."

Crazymonkeymilk
Trash
Trash

Post by Crazymonkeymilk » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:22 am

Fantastic! I seem to remember a photo on this very site with the band at the farm. Imagining the band in the back of a farm truck with your grandpa on the loud speaker is classic. Don't forget that story when it comes time to do your biopic :)

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:54 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:46 am
Dreary wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:46 am
Thanks Dr. D!
Lol, Gotta Love Grandma's! :HEART:
Indeed so! My Grandparents picked up LOVE IT TO DEATH and MUSCLE OF LOVE for Me for Easter '76 :rock: ...Spent a lot of time spinning those two albums.
Later that year, I found the BILLION DOLLAR BABIES Songbook and when She saw the "Before and After" pictures-the top one is the BEAT CLUB session and below it is when all of You were in the suits/short hair-, She remarked, "They don't look too bad once they're all cleaned!" :laugh:
"I need everything the world owes me..."