Duane Eddy and The Rebels

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Duane Eddy and The Rebels

Post by livinluvin72 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:37 pm

I just finished listening to your Talkin' Blues podcast where you mention how you decided to be a musician after seeing Duane Eddy and The Rebels at a movie theatre in Phoenix between flicks.

I've heard you say this before and I'd heard of Duane Eddy, but I don't think I remember ever having seen them perform so I found an old video of them going back far enough where it might have been something a young Dennis would have seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8uZutr1avs

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Duane Eddy and The Rebels

Post by Dreary » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:29 am

Well, this is a bit sappy compared to the excitement of the band actually playing live but that is one of the songs they played at the Fox Theater.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:14 pm

livinluvin72 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:37 pm
I just finished listening to your Talkin' Blues podcast where you mention how you decided to be a musician after seeing Duane Eddy and The Rebels at a movie theatre in Phoenix between flicks.

I've heard you say this before and I'd heard of Duane Eddy, but I don't think I remember ever having seen them perform so I found an old video of them going back far enough where it might have been something a young Dennis would have seen.

Was that Dick Clark introducing the Band?
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by livinluvin72 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:56 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:14 pm
livinluvin72 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:37 pm

Was that Dick Clark introducing the Band?

Yes.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:23 pm

Gone are the days when a forklift driver could hoist performers and carry them through a packed house. There's probably a reason for that.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:25 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:23 pm
Gone are the days when a forklift driver could hoist performers and carry them through a packed house. There's probably a reason for that.
Under My Wheels.