The Big Budweiser Question and Other Fiendish ?"s

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

The Big Budweiser Question and Other Fiendish ?"s

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:54 am

Dear Dr. D; Thank you for your time and kindness.

Did the shrewdest Jewish manager of all time actually allow all of that Budweiser spokesmanship to go on without a deal? If so, big missed opportunity.

Someone gave me an EMC bass amp head, speaker cab and the green vinyl covers in immaculate shape. I did research and found an ad featuring you. What year would that have been?

Finally, who plays what's possibly a Jew's Harp which sounds like its saying Porky Pig, Porky Pig, etc at the opening of elected?

From Padre, who's in a hospital, recovering from Covid.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: The Big Budweiser Question and Other Fiendish ?"s

Post by Dreary » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:35 pm

Padre, I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a quick recovery.

I did ask Joe and Shep about getting Bud to endorse us. I thought it was a brilliant idea, however, product endorsements, other than musical equipment, with rock bands just wasn't a thing in those days. And even with an album at the top of the charts, we still had a controversial image that nobody would touch with a 10 foot pole.
In later years, I was jealous when Bud endorsed the Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge tour.

I don't recall using EMC bass amps. On stage, I used Fender Bassman, Acoustic 360, and Sunn Coliseum. In the studio, I used Ampeg B-15 and Fender Bassman.

I played the Jew's Harp on "Elected" and chipped my tooth.

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Re: The Big Budweiser Question and Other Fiendish ?"s

Post by padre_sliprat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Thank you for your thoughts. I've chipped a tooth on a Jew's Harp...very unforgiving instrument.
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."