Secret pictures!

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Secret pictures!

Post by Dannorama » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:51 am

Your book's photo section was a great peek behind the curtains. I have still yet to see any pics of you guys hanging out with "later" stars early on. Pink Floyd, The Doors, etc... Can you share if such pictures even exist?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Secret pictures!

Post by Dreary » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:16 pm

I think things have changed concerning behind-the-scenes photos. When bands hung out in the 60's and 70's, they wanted a break from the spotlight. If you wanted to be an "insider" you had to honor the unspoken code that it just wasn't cool to take photos.
Our longtime friend Dave Cluett, who was a photographer, hung out at the Galesi Estate band house but he still honored the code. In recent years, Dave and I look through his photos and wish he had taken some behind-the-scenes shots. Ron Volz took a few candid shots there. Very few. Cindy took a few as well. Her's will be in her book.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:37 pm

That was the definition of insightful. Thanks! Also, Cindy's book? Forgive my ignorance, but this is welcome news to me. I have always been curious about her perspective. Cool!
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:03 am

Dannorama wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:37 pm
That was the definition of insightful. Thanks! Also, Cindy's book? Forgive my ignorance, but this is welcome news to me. I have always been curious about her perspective. Cool!
Not sure 100%, but think there was mention of Cindy writing a book and I would be quite interested in that myself! A cool Lady in all areas.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:52 pm

tuneylune wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:03 am
Dannorama wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:37 pm
Not sure 100%, but think there was mention of Cindy writing a book and I would be quite interested in that myself! A cool Lady in all areas.
Yes, Cindy is working on a book. She has her daily diaries, letters that she and Neal wrote to their mother, and lots of candid photos. She's bursting with untold tales, but even her account of well known stories take on a whole new viewpoint.

The volume of information is overwhelming. Her dilemma is deciding what stories have to be omitted.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Dreary wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:52 pm
The volume of information is overwhelming. Her dilemma is deciding what stories have to be omitted.
None!!! :grin:

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:46 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:41 pm
Dreary wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:52 pm
None!!! :grin:
In that case, it would be a very long wait, my friend.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:53 pm

^^ The co-Author of Dennis' book has stated that there was a huge amount of material that had to be omitted from 'Snakes..'. Hopefully Cindy can provide a fair amount of great recollections in her book.

Ted

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:53 pm
^^ The co-Author of Dennis' book has stated that there was a huge amount of material that had to be omitted from 'Snakes..'. Hopefully Cindy can provide a fair amount of great recollections in her book.

Ted
The published version of my book well serves it's intended purpose - to show how high school friends can achieve their dream, and to show the camaraderie and chemistry of that collective driven goal.
The stories that were cut from my book tend to pop up in my interviews.

Cindy's stories are very much her own. She's very protective of our privacy, but at the same time, she has a unique ability for sharing her true feelings.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:54 am

Dreary wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm
The published version of my book well serves it's intended purpose - to show how high school friends can achieve their dream, and to show the camaraderie and chemistry of that collective driven goal.
The stories that were cut from my book tend to pop up in my interviews.

Cindy's stories are very much her own. She's very protective of our privacy, but at the same time, she has a unique ability for sharing her true feelings.
The combination of the contents of your book, your interviews since and the wealth of additional information you've provided in this Forum have given us ACG fans unparalleled insights into the Group's history and yes, how that dream was accomplished. For that we owe you a huge debt of thanks.

Ted