Songs to play

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Songs to play

Post by tuneylune » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:25 pm

Hello Mr Dunaway,

My wife and I got back from a road trip (North central New Hampshire to above Baltimore MD and back) visiting family, some friends and a stroll down Memory lane. Hitting bad traffic backups returning which was helped by many CD's. Played all the Blue Coupe releases as well as BDS LIVE IN PARIS.

The question is after hearing the BDS and memories of seeing BC in 2013 at The Tupelo, I know You have to play various songs from ACG and Blue Oyster Cult. Which BOC songs do You enjoy playing the most?

Conversely, where do Joe and Albert stand on ACG material?

Thanks very much
TL
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Songs to play

Post by Dreary » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:33 am

I enjoy playing BÖC songs, especially since there are always appreciative fans in the Blue Coupe audiences.
My favorite is "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" because it's such an infectious riff and powerfully haunting song.

Joe and Al do a great job with the Alice Cooper songs. We've even tackled "Fireball" live.

We're a trio with occasional backing singers, Tish and Snooky, so we work extra hard to do the songs justice.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 am

Well, I must say, all of You do the songs justice :clap: !

Forgot to ask this the other day :blush: , while listening to BDS LIVE IN PARIS, we were getting into "The Jokes On You", but having played SECRET TREATIES beforehand, noticed that line is in "Flaming Telepaths".

Was it supposed to be an "In Joke" or just one of those odd coincidences life is full of?

Thank You for any answer
TL
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 pm

tuneylune wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 am

Forgot to ask this the other day :blush: , while listening to BDS LIVE IN PARIS, we were getting into "The Jokes On You", but having played SECRET TREATIES beforehand, noticed that line is in "Flaming Telepaths".

Was it supposed to be an "In Joke" or just one of those odd coincidences life is full of?

Thank You for any answer
TL
Likely the sort of intentional "Easter Egg" that BÖC fans love to find in their songs.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:23 am

Dreary wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 pm
tuneylune wrote:

Thank You for any answer
TL
Likely the sort of intentional "Easter Egg" that BÖC fans love to find in their songs.
Evening Dr. D.
Have you ever heard of (or performed) at a Northern Virginia club called Jaxx?
I know BOC did a show there. I was photographing an opening act & BOC arrived late for
load in. Not your problem. It's closed now.
But, it was a touchstone for "Classic Bands" touring that couldn't sell Arenas at that time. :HEART:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:13 am

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:23 am
Dreary wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 pm
tuneylune wrote:

Thank You for any answer
TL
Evening Dr. D.
Have you ever heard of (or performed) at a Northern Virginia club called Jaxx?
I know BOC did a show there. I was photographing an opening act & BOC arrived late for
load in. Not your problem. It's closed now.
But, it was a touchstone for "Classic Bands" touring that couldn't sell Arenas at that time. :HEART:
The 5Th Avenue Vampires played there. They had no idea who I was and stiffed us for our pay. Despite that, I'm still sorry to hear that they went out of business.