Solo Alice

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Mr.Bluelegs
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Solo Alice

Post by Mr.Bluelegs » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:47 am

Hi Dennis,
1. I’m curious to how you felt/feel about Alice’s string of ballad singles immediately after the breakup. “Only Women B,” “I Never Cry,” “You & Me,” and “How You Gonna See Me Now?”
2. I always thought the original band would have made a powerful contribution to the From the Inside album. Any thoughts on that?
3. Lastly, any opinion on the Roy Thomas Baker produced Flush the Fashion album? I remember you said the the original band had covered “Talk Talk.” As always, thank you for your time and insight.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Solo Alice

Post by Dreary » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:56 am

Mr.Bluelegs wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:47 am
Hi Dennis,
1. I’m curious to how you felt/feel about Alice’s string of ballad singles immediately after the breakup. “Only Women B,” “I Never Cry,” “You & Me,” and “How You Gonna See Me Now?”
2. I always thought the original band would have made a powerful contribution to the From the Inside album. Any thoughts on that?
3. Lastly, any opinion on the Roy Thomas Baker produced Flush the Fashion album? I remember you said the the original band had covered “Talk Talk.” As always, thank you for your time and insight.
I thought it was ironic that Michael wanted to do a solo album because we refused to do his MOR ballads, which he thought would account for bigger hits. We didn't think that was our thing. Like Glen always said, we don't do sappy girl songs.
That said, I think those ballads are strong.
As for From The Inside and Flush The Fashion, to be candidly honest, I'm not familiar with those albums.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:35 am

Dreary wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:56 am
As for From The Inside and Flush The Fashion, to be candidly honest, I'm not familiar with those albums.
For me, From the Inside is Alice’s second best solo album, after Welcome to My Nightmare.

It’s dark but commercial, which is always a winning formula. There isn’t a bad song on the album. Jackknife Johnny is a masterpiece. Someone made a fan video for it which is brilliant https://youtu.be/UCRGI9Ydlac
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:47 am

Great track from a great album

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:23 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:35 am
Dreary wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:56 am
For me, From the Inside is Alice’s second best solo album, after Welcome to My Nightmare.

It’s dark but commercial, which is always a winning formula. There isn’t a bad song on the album. Jackknife Johnny is a masterpiece. Someone made a fan video for it which is brilliant https://youtu.be/UCRGI9Ydlac
That video is great!

I've always loved From The Inside. My favourite solo album is probably a tie between Special Forces & Dada.
Time is getting closer