Your Choice of Weekend Listening

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Your Choice of Weekend Listening

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Hey Dennis,

Please forgive the slightly bland question, lifted from one of the monthly music mags, but a few Friday beers got me pondering what your answer might be.

Do you have a particular artist or song that's a favourite to get you going on a Friday/Saturday?

And do you have a favourite for a more laid back Sunday?

Thanks

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Your Choice of Weekend Listening

Post by Dreary » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:17 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 pm
Hey Dennis,

Please forgive the slightly bland question, lifted from one of the monthly music mags, but a few Friday beers got me pondering what your answer might be.

Do you have a particular artist or song that's a favourite to get you going on a Friday/Saturday?

And do you have a favourite for a more laid back Sunday?

Thanks
I rarely put on music to get me going because I spend every available minute writing songs in my head.
If I do need a song to boost my energy, it might be "I Can See For Miles" by the Who or "Whole Lotta Rosie" by AC/DC.
Jimi's version of "All Along The Watchtower" or "I'm Not Talkin'" by the Yardbirds would work.
For Sunday I guess Van Morrison's Astral Weeks album or maybe Dave Brubeck's Adventures in Time.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:51 pm

so do you not really keep up with music ? either in the rock/metal world or pop scene or whatever?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:02 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:51 pm
so do you not really keep up with music ? either in the rock/metal world or pop scene or whatever?
Sure, I like the Foo Fighters, Dimma, Christine Ohlman, Bruno Mars, and others but that's a different question.