Alice Cooper acoustic promo poster, rare b/w

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Ludwig Van Paiste 77
Trash
Trash

Alice Cooper acoustic promo poster, rare b/w

Post by Ludwig Van Paiste 77 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Hello Dennis Dunaway
I'm just curious are you aware of the Original Alice Cooper Band acoustic amp promo poster it's in black and white and it looked to be from 71. It had Michael Bruce playing in front of acoustic amps, Neal Smith playing the huge kit and center stage was Alice with microphone in one hand and a tall can of Budweiser in the other and as a back drop behind Neal there seemed to be a neon lit alice cooper logo, I used to have this promo poster as 10 year old in 87, however in a sibling cat fight it was destroyed. Do you remember that poster? If you have it or a picture of it could you show it on here or scan it to me? I miss that poster dearly. Thanks!

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alice Cooper acoustic promo poster, rare b/w

Post by Dreary » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 pm

Ludwig Van Paiste 77 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:22 pm
Hello Dennis Dunaway
I'm just curious are you aware of the Original Alice Cooper Band acoustic amp promo poster it's in black and white and it looked to be from 71. It had Michael Bruce playing in front of acoustic amps, Neal Smith playing the huge kit and center stage was Alice with microphone in one hand and a tall can of Budweiser in the other and as a back drop behind Neal there seemed to be a neon lit alice cooper logo, I used to have this promo poster as 10 year old in 87, however in a sibling cat fight it was destroyed. Do you remember that poster? If you have it or a picture of it could you show it on here or scan it to me? I miss that poster dearly. Thanks!
Alice with a Bud and a microphone? Hmmm, that narrows it down to any given night between '67 and '73.
Kidding aside, the Acoustic guitar amps on stage does narrow it down to late '69 or early '70, I think. I don't recall the Alice Cooper logo projection so that particular poster image is eluding me but I'm sure there are some experts in this forum that can help you track it down.

Ludwig Van Paiste 77
Trash
Trash

Post by Ludwig Van Paiste 77 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:56 pm

Dreary wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 pm
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:22 pm
Hello Dennis Dunaway
Alice with a Bud and a microphone? Hmmm, that narrows it down to any given night between '67 and '73.
Kidding aside, the Acoustic guitar amps on stage does narrow it down to late '69 or early '70, I think. I don't recall the Alice Cooper logo projection so that particular poster image is eluding me but I'm sure there are some experts in this forum that can help you track it down.
Thanks! Dennis I appreciate you answering the question I had concerning the poster, when I looked online I found Acoustic made promo posters for Spirit and a couple of other acts, in black and white with the acoustic logo in black, but can't find anything about the Cooper one, man that was a cool poster.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:12 pm

One was auctioned late last year by Backstage Auctions. Listed at $150. Sadly no image there though.

Ludwig Van Paiste 77
Trash
Trash

Post by Ludwig Van Paiste 77 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:25 am

Si wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:12 pm
One was auctioned late last year by Backstage Auctions. Listed at $150. Sadly no image there though.
Hi Si, Yes I did read the listing, however I didn't see the poster, I remember as a 8 year old before my uncle gave it to me, just staring at it endlessly on the wall, it's the coolest Rock n Roll Poster I ever laid my eyes on then he gave it to me and at that time I was 10, my sister and I were arguing and she threw something at me, so i ducked and it shattered the poster, the poster was 16x14 maybe smaller and I remember the poster being on thick paper I had it at 10 years old in 1987, it was a16,17 year old poster hanging in my uncle's basement jam space when he gave it to me, I've been trying to search for poster the forever, if anyone knows anything about it please let me know. Thank You!

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 am

Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:25 am
Si wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:12 pm
Hi Si, Yes I did read the listing, however I didn't see the poster, I remember as a 8 year old before my uncle gave it to me, just staring at it endlessly on the wall, it's the coolest Rock n Roll Poster I ever laid my eyes on then he gave it to me and at that time I was 10, my sister and I were arguing and she threw something at me, so i ducked and it shattered the poster, the poster was 16x14 maybe smaller and I remember the poster being on thick paper I had it at 10 years old in 1987, it was a16,17 year old poster hanging in my uncle's basement jam space when he gave it to me, I've been trying to search for poster the forever, if anyone knows anything about it please let me know. Thank You!
One of the first times my mom and dad left me and my brother home alone, they returned to find a very large picture had been knocked off the wall. My dad asked what happened. My brother pointed at me and said, He threw the pillow. I responded by saying, But he ducked!