Man With The Golden Gun

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Man With The Golden Gun

Post by kevinuk81 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Greetings.

When Man With The Golden Gun wasn't chosen as the James Bond theme, what were the thoughts of yourself and the rest of the group?

Thanks.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Man With The Golden Gun

Post by Dreary » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:02 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:41 pm
Greetings.

When Man With The Golden Gun wasn't chosen as the James Bond theme, what were the thoughts of yourself and the rest of the group?

Thanks.
Even though we had our hopes up for it to happen, we knew that James Bond Themes were traditionally by UK artists. They didn't choose Lulu's song over ours. We missed the deadline for submissions. We did have a lot of fun doing it and I'm proud of our ability to channel the Monty Norman/John Berry style. And we were honored to work with Liza Minelli who delivered a stellar vocal.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Man With The Golden Gun

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:35 pm

Dreary wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:02 pm
kevinuk81 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:41 pm
Greetings.

Thanks.
Even though we had our hopes up for it to happen, we knew that James Bond Themes were traditionally by UK artists. They didn't choose Lulu's song over ours. We missed the deadline for submissions. We did have a lot of fun doing it and I'm proud of our ability to channel the Monty Norman/John Berry style. And we were honored to work with Liza Minelli who delivered a stellar vocal.
MWTGG & Crazy Little Child are my favorites from MOL.
I still find the entire Lp very listenable to this day,
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...