Cindy as the Tooth

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Cindy as the Tooth

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Hey Dennis,

All the mentions of Cindy's birthday, which I'm sure has had many a fan raising a glass to her, reminded me of a question I meant to ask you.

Did Cindy enjoy playing the tooth on the tour and was it better or worse for her than when she played the nurse?

I was also going to ask you if Alice ever overstepped the mark and got a bit too aggressive towards her onstage, but then I remembered that he was only a few feet from you and Neal, so thought that unlikely!

Thanks

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Cindy as the Tooth

Post by Dreary » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:36 am

Cindy would only play the nurse if nobody else would, and even then we practically had to get her in a headlock.

The Dancing Tooth was a different animal all together. The audience couldn't see her but she could see them through the cavity, and it had twinkling lights, so she really enjoyed doing that.

The erotic brushing of the Dancing Tooth was part of the show. Once it was known that Cindy and I were together, Alice, nor any other band member ever hit on her - not seriously anyway. Flirting was fine. That was just part of our edgy humor.

Suggesting Alice might have been being serious towards Cindy in a stage show seems mild compared to the dramatic scenes on stage with Alice and Calico. Of course, all of them were playing theatrical characters. All for the show, my friend.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Cindy as the Tooth

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Thanks Dennis, another excellent answer.

Much gratitude to you and Si for having this forum in place.