GREATEST HITS sleeve

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

GREATEST HITS sleeve

Post by tuneylune » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:53 am

Hello Mr Dunaway,

Thanks again for investing Your time on this forum. My ACG journey really started when I found GH on cassette in an Army Post Exchange (AKA a PX) a few days after Christmas of 1974. Having an early December birthday (12/7), I certainly had extra cash to get this, even at a whopping $2.50. My Mom questioned Me "...that's a lot of money to spend on Alice Cooper!", but after checking the track listing, I was given the OK. I was taken into a new (and better) world and haven't left since.

Got the album on vinyl for convience sake a few years later and truly enjoyed the inner sleeve with all the old movie stars and liked the caricature of the 5 of You in front. I'm sure it was for humor , but a sign shows the jobs all of You did and Yours mentioned "Brakes". I know all of You enjoyed your cars, but did You have any mechanic skills also?

Thanks very much
TL
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: GREATEST HITS sleeve

Post by Dreary » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:42 pm

tuneylune wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:53 am
Hello Mr Dunaway,

Thanks again for investing Your time on this forum. My ACG journey really started when I found GH on cassette in an Army Post Exchange (AKA a PX) a few days after Christmas of 1974. Having an early December birthday (12/7), I certainly had extra cash to get this, even at a whopping $2.50. My Mom questioned Me "...that's a lot of money to spend on Alice Cooper!", but after checking the track listing, I was given the OK. I was taken into a new (and better) world and haven't left since.

Got the album on vinyl for convience sake a few years later and truly enjoyed the inner sleeve with all the old movie stars and liked the caricature of the 5 of You in front. I'm sure it was for humor , but a sign shows the jobs all of You did and Yours mentioned "Brakes". I know all of You enjoyed your cars, but did You have any mechanic skills also?

Thanks very much
TL
Interesting - you're an army guy born on Pearl Harbor day.
When I was a teen, I overhauled a 4-barrel Holly Carburetor, and a Ford transmission. My dad was around to tell me where the extra parts belonged. I've replaced brake shoes as well. At this point in my life, those skills are only a distant memory.