The Morrison Sweater & Page 84

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

The Morrison Sweater & Page 84

Post by Cold Room » Mon May 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Like many, many adventures of the Alice Cooper band have changed with time....a recent "researcher" is now claiming that the sweater worn my Jim Morrison for the "Waiting for the Sun" photo shoot, was NOT loaned to him by Glen, but was owned (and stolen by Morrison) from a friend of Glen's girlfriend at the time. Who knows??? :bam:
HOWEVER! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... Don't ever tell me that the events that occurred in the Topanga Canyon (circa '68) house...detailed on Page 84 in your book...did not happen, as you stated. That is exactly how I picture a young Glen responding to the situation presented. :laugh:

Bob
What you want and what you get are two different things

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: The Morrison Sweater & Page 84

Post by Dreary » Mon May 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:41 pm
Like many, many adventures of the Alice Cooper band have changed with time....a recent "researcher" is now claiming that the sweater worn my Jim Morrison for the "Waiting for the Sun" photo shoot, was NOT loaned to him by Glen, but was owned (and stolen by Morrison) from a friend of Glen's girlfriend at the time. Who knows??? :bam:
HOWEVER! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... Don't ever tell me that the events that occurred in the Topanga Canyon (circa '68) house...detailed on Page 84 in your book...did not happen, as you stated. That is exactly how I picture a young Glen responding to the situation presented. :laugh:

Bob
I've talked to Djinn about this. In the book Canyon of Dreams, which I've read, she claims that her girlfriend noticed the sweater was missing after Morrison had showered at her apartment. Glen also frequented that same apartment and was proud that he had swiped the sweater, and after an all night drinking binge at a Mexican restaurant, he took it off and gave it to Jim. When I talked to Djinn about this, she admitted that Glen was a master at swiping things.

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 am

Dreary wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:09 pm
Cold Room wrote:

Bob
I've talked to Djinn about this. In the book Canyon of Dreams, which I've read, she claims that her girlfriend noticed the sweater was missing after Morrison had showered at her apartment. Glen also frequented that same apartment and was proud that he had swiped the sweater, and after an all night drinking binge at a Mexican restaurant, he took it off and gave it to Jim. When I talked to Djinn about this, she admitted that Glen was a master at swiping things.
:) Janice has said that Glen "borrowed" shirts and accessories from her when he'd make stops at home. Some she'd get back, others she wouldn't. :)

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Tue May 18, 2021 4:06 am

Cold Room wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 am
Dreary wrote:
Cold Room wrote:

Bob

:) Janice has said that Glen "borrowed" shirts and accessories from her when he'd make stops at home. Some she'd get back, others she wouldn't. :)
You know the color photo taken in Germany of the band standing side by side - the one where Alice is wearing a Marc Bolan T-shirt - Neal says that everything Glen is wearing in that photo, even the accessories, belonged to Neal.

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Tue May 18, 2021 5:01 pm

^^ I know the photo, but I had no idea that anything GB was wearing in it actually belonged to Neal, much less everything that Glen had on. Yet another interesting revelation; thanks again, Dennis for all of your insight.

Ted

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed May 19, 2021 2:32 pm

Even his underwear?

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Wed May 19, 2021 4:49 pm

^^ Well I don't think GB's underwear can be seen in the photo, so maybe that's the exception.

Ted

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Wed May 19, 2021 6:34 pm

Dreary wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:06 am
Cold Room wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 am
Dreary wrote:

You know the color photo taken in Germany of the band standing side by side - the one where Alice is wearing a Marc Bolan T-shirt - Neal says that everything Glen is wearing in that photo, even the accessories, belonged to Neal.
Neal has excellent taste in clothes. :laugh: . (I think Glen must have had several of those pink/patterned shirts. There are numerous photos of him wearing one and they, sometimes, are slightly different in design.)

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Wed May 19, 2021 6:43 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:32 pm
Even his underwear?
70's rock stars didn't wear underwear.
In the Pontiac farm days, I had bought a vest at a thrift store. Glen said it was cool, which meant he wanted it. He kept asking if he could just try it on, and I'd say, nope. Within a week, Glen was wearing my vest daily.
I quietly snuck into his dark room while he was asleep and started searching for the vest. I searched everywhere until I realized Glen had fallen asleep in his clothes and was wearing it.
I finally resigned myself to rationalizing that it looked cooler on him so it was his.
He didn't buy clothes, he bought beer with his money.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Wed May 19, 2021 8:22 pm

I'm guessing that by missing that added layer of protection there were a few messy situations after spending the night drinking and eating at a Mexican restaurant.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the origins of the term "shi#faced"?

Cold Room
Killer
Killer

Post by Cold Room » Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Dreary wrote:

LOL...could THIS shirt actually belong to Glen. It was one of his early pink/red numbers (Pontiac farm). Didn't Cindy make him an all pink outfit in the early days? [BTW...no underwear while living on the farm? Having lived through dozens of Detroit winters, I don't recommend going "commando".]

http://www.theoriginalglenbuxton.com/wp ... 0-farm.png

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Fri May 21, 2021 7:43 pm

Cold Room wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm
Dreary wrote:

LOL...could THIS shirt actually belong to Glen. It was one of his early pink/red numbers (Pontiac farm). Didn't Cindy make him an all pink outfit in the early days? [BTW...no underwear while living on the farm? Having lived through dozens of Detroit winters, I don't recommend going "commando".]

http://www.theoriginalglenbuxton.com/wp ... 0-farm.png
Cindy didn't make that shirt but it was one of Glen's favorites. We dressed like a rock band so we didn't even wear winter boots. My feet were always borderline frozen, but I looked cool.