Dennis Dunaway Project

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Logan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Dennis Dunaway Project

Post by Logan » Sat May 01, 2021 1:11 am

“Bones From The Yard” is an amazing CD. I found it very heavy and just loved every song first time around! Usually I may like a few songs first then spin it again to gradually like more & more tracks but right off the bat loved the whole freakin' CD. 
Have a few questions…

1. Were some of these tracks older songs you reworked for the album or were they all currently new?

2. What made you decide to split up the vocals?

3. On “Needle in the Red” one of the credits is Hunter. Is that Steve Hunter?

4. Love the band you worked with Burns, Tedesco and Wilson. Any plans on working with this amazing crew again?

5. A while back I believe it was an interview with you around the time of this release. That you were talking about another solo album but it was going to be a bit more out there? Almost avant-garde or something along that line. Do you remember saying something like that? 
Thanks

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Dennis Dunaway Project

Post by Dreary » Sat May 01, 2021 3:40 am

Logan wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:11 am
“Bones From The Yard” is an amazing CD. I found it very heavy and just loved every song first time around! Usually I may like a few songs first then spin it again to gradually like more & more tracks but right off the bat loved the whole freakin' CD. 
Have a few questions…

1. Were some of these tracks older songs you reworked for the album or were they all currently new?

2. What made you decide to split up the vocals?

3. On “Needle in the Red” one of the credits is Hunter. Is that Steve Hunter?

4. Love the band you worked with Burns, Tedesco and Wilson. Any plans on working with this amazing crew again?

5. A while back I believe it was an interview with you around the time of this release. That you were talking about another solo album but it was going to be a bit more out there? Almost avant-garde or something along that line. Do you remember saying something like that? 
Thanks
I wrote "Man is a Beast", "Subway", and "Home Sweet Home" for Alice Cooper in '74 and "Me and my Boys" mid 90's. I wrote "Red Room", and "New Generation" and "Satan's Sister" in the late 70's. I wrote "Little Kid (With a Big Big Gun)", and "On The Mountain" just before we recorded the album. We collaborated on "Kandahar", "Stalker", and "Needle in the Red".
Ian Hunter helped out with backing vocals and piano.
Rick Tedesco came up with the lyrics for "Stalker" so I had him sing it. Ed Burns came up with the lyrics for "Needle in the Red" but somehow, he had Rick sing that one as well. Otherwise, I liked Ed's voice and had him sing quite a bit.
It was a great recording band but only happy doing local gigs.
I'm still working with Russ Wilson.