Alternate Billion Dollar Babies band

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Remmy
Trash
Trash

Alternate Billion Dollar Babies band

Post by Remmy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:53 am

Dennis,
I wonder if you (yourself and the other band members) were aware of this Swedish band also called Billion Dollar Babies and what you think of this borrowing of the name.
here's just one web page about one of their records : https://www.newreleasesnow.com/album/bi ... emical-god

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Alternate Billion Dollar Babies band

Post by Dreary » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Remmy wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:53 am
Dennis,
I wonder if you (yourself and the other band members) were aware of this Swedish band also called Billion Dollar Babies and what you think of this borrowing of the name.
here's just one web page about one of their records : https://www.newreleasesnow.com/album/bi ... emical-god
Yes, I've known about them. It's a bit annoying that they're using the Billion Dollar Babies name, but so far I haven't felt any necessity to try to stop them. It's not the first time someone has taken my band's name.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:28 pm

Well played Dennis!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:36 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:28 pm
Well played Dennis!
With the internet you look up Billion Dollar Babies & it points to ACG LP & the Billion Dollar Babies U.S. Band.
"Send Lawyers Guns & Money!" Cease & desist costs $$$ & if they're not making any - let it be!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

padre_sliprat
Dada God
Dada God

Post by padre_sliprat » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:02 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:28 pm
Well played Dennis!
Yes!
"He's old, the snake's got gray hair..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:02 pm

Beyond belief if true but weren't Alice and Shep angry that you took the name Billion Dollar Babies?

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:02 pm
Beyond belief if true but weren't Alice and Shep angry that you took the name Billion Dollar Babies?
I can't think of a time that I ever saw Alice angry. We signed papers concerning the B$B name, but I thought it was ironically low on the scale of concerns for use of a name. In my opinion, it was just a smokescreen distraction from the real issue.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:35 pm

As an aside , i have this album by the band noted in this thread. I also saw them live supporting Pain & The Vision Bleak (yes it was a strange but amazing bill!) they were awesome live and the album is very good. Well worth a listen if you like sleeze/garage rock. Also, i cannot imagine them making much/any money !

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:35 pm
As an aside , i have this album by the band noted in this thread. I also saw them live supporting Pain & The Vision Bleak (yes it was a strange but amazing bill!) they were awesome live and the album is very good. Well worth a listen if you like sleeze/garage rock. Also, i cannot imagine them making much/any money !
Perhaps they would make more money if they change their name to the Rolling Stones.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Dr. Dreary,
We've known for a long time about Cereal Kyler. But, you've been checking in for about 10yrs. now. Did anybody but (maybe not) Si know that? If you didn't post much (or at all) that's flying under the radar! :clap: We truly enjoy your honesty & contributions to this site! Thank you. :rock:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...