Trading places?

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

Lazarus
Trash
Trash

Trading places?

Post by Lazarus » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:08 pm

Dennis,

Please simply ignore this question if it's too personal or doesn't sit well with you, but I've often thought of you and Vince on this wild journey to success that then diverged into totally separate life paths. I imagine that most people, at first consideration and if asked to state a preference, would choose to be Alice rather than Dennis. Legendary fame, ridiculous amounts of money (if you forget you have an original Warhol in storage, you can't be hurting too badly), pretty much unrestricted access to anyone in the world, and so on.

But upon thinking it through, and with the big, big picture in mind, I think I'd rather be Dennis. Unblemished integrity, as far as I know. A fantastic musical legacy and a wonderful memoir. Creative freedom. A lifelong partner who experienced it all with you. Enough fame to open an access door or two, but not so much that you might regret being a public figure. But most of all, by my perception, you took the high road during difficult times, and that can be worth more than anything else. (Also known as "being able to sleep at night")

Am I making any sense, or am I full of shit? :rotfl:

Lazarus

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Trading places?

Post by Dreary » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:51 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:08 pm
Dennis,

Please simply ignore this question if it's too personal or doesn't sit well with you, but I've often thought of you and Vince on this wild journey to success that then diverged into totally separate life paths. I imagine that most people, at first consideration and if asked to state a preference, would choose to be Alice rather than Dennis. Legendary fame, ridiculous amounts of money (if you forget you have an original Warhol in storage, you can't be hurting too badly), pretty much unrestricted access to anyone in the world, and so on.

But upon thinking it through, and with the big, big picture in mind, I think I'd rather be Dennis. Unblemished integrity, as far as I know. A fantastic musical legacy and a wonderful memoir. Creative freedom. A lifelong partner who experienced it all with you. Enough fame to open an access door or two, but not so much that you might regret being a public figure. But most of all, by my perception, you took the high road during difficult times, and that can be worth more than anything else. (Also known as "being able to sleep at night")

Am I making any sense, or am I full of shit? :rotfl:

Lazarus
That rings true, even though most of the flattering part is because of Cindy. We made it through some rough decades, but yes, we can access a door or two. I've always felt comfortable being in the back of band photos feeling like the guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. And I genuinely do like talking to people like you. I wish I had time for everyone.

Lazarus
Trash
Trash

Post by Lazarus » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:57 pm

Thanks so much, Dennis. :HEART:

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:46 am

Such a great answer! Thanks so much for doing this Dennis. :clap: