Your Favorite Band Photo

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Your Favorite Band Photo

Post by tuneylune » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:27 am

Hello Mr Dunaway,

After almost 50 years of fandom (heard "School's Out" when 10, was forbidden to watch the IN CONCERT show that Thanksgiving and being introduced to a new exciting world via the GREATEST HITS cassette Xmas 1974), have been impressed that the ACG, unlike many bands, knew how to pose for photos. You all looked so cool and no one looking to the side, closed eyes or a goofy expression. Any photos from that time You enjoy more than others? For Me, the LOVE IT TO DEATH and KILLER back sleeves are awesome. And special mention to the one when all of You had the suits and slicked back hair...proof that a scary band could also be funny.

Thanks So Much
TL
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Your Favorite Band Photo

Post by Dreary » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Cindy and I both like the colorful photo from Germany where we're all standing side by side and Alice is wearing a Marc Bolan t-shirt.

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by livinluvin72 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:24 pm

My favorite photo was the sleeve around the Billion Dollar Babies’ vinyl album. The one where you guys are all in the white satin suits that Cindy made. You’re all standing amidst the million dollars in cash with the white rabbits and the baby with the Alice eyes.
Geesh! Glen had so many damn rings, bracelets and belts. He had more bling than even the 70s’ Elvis!
I put that picture up on my bedroom wall when I was 15, along with a picture of Jimmy Page playing his Les Paul onstage. I remember a friend commenting when he saw the AC band photo on the wall. “That’s a pretty tough looking band”.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:09 am

Dreary wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm
Cindy and I both like the colorful photo from Germany where we're all standing side by side and Alice is wearing a Marc Bolan t-shirt.
I have a Big poster of that in my office...First thing I see when I come into the room. Was that taken around the same time as THE BEAT CLUB in 1972.

Thank You
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:52 pm

livinluvin72 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:24 pm
My favorite photo was the sleeve around the Billion Dollar Babies’ vinyl album. The one where you guys are all in the white satin suits that Cindy made. You’re all standing amidst the million dollars in cash with the white rabbits and the baby with the Alice eyes.
Geesh! Glen had so many damn rings, bracelets and belts. He had more bling than even the 70s’ Elvis!
I put that picture up on my bedroom wall when I was 15, along with a picture of Jimmy Page playing his Les Paul onstage. I remember a friend commenting when he saw the AC band photo on the wall. “That’s a pretty tough looking band”.
White satin suits was the opposite of what hard rock bands favored in those days so we intended to use that, and the innocent bunnies, as a sharp contrast to our image.

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Dreary » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:53 pm

tuneylune wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:09 am
Dreary wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm
I have a Big poster of that in my office...First thing I see when I come into the room. Was that taken around the same time as THE BEAT CLUB in 1972.

Thank You
Yes, that photo was taken right when we finished filming the Beat Club video.