Halo of Flies

Alice Cooper co-founder and Hall Of Fame inductee Dennis Dunaway answers your questions!

Moderators: Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman, Dreary

livinluvin72
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Halo of Flies

Post by livinluvin72 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 am

I can dream.
Could you Neal and Mike practice Halo of Flies, maybe with Mike switching back and forth between the guitar and keys like in the days of yore. I don’t know if he even plays the keys/moog anymore. I know he mentioned in an interview that he had twinges of arthritis. Somebody else could do the keys if need be and maybe get Ryan Roxie to practice with you and have somebody sing in Alice’s place so next time you do one of those mini sets with Alice you can say; “Alice, instead of doing just stuff off the Greatest Hits album, lets replace 2 or 3 of the hits with Halo of Flies. We are ready to go with it and we are as tight as we were when we played it at the Hollywood Bowl in 1972. Alice, all you got to do is sing it, we’re ready”.
It’d be great to see the original creators of this song play it live on film, even if it has to be on somebody’s cell phone on YouTube. I’d love to see Neal play those drums!

Dreary
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Halo of Flies

Post by Dreary » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:21 am

We recorded "Halo of Flies" decades ago. If your idea was ever going to happen, it seems like the long way to go about it. More realistically, I'd be up for creating something new that's as good or better than that. But first, the original band would have to start playing regularly again. You would have to ask Alice about that possibility.